Wedding makeup on Princess Cruises

dolphin19

Looking for recommendations on wedding makeup on what brands are good, as you have to take your own makeup on the ship and they apply it for you. Have heard to keep away from SPF makeup. Don't want to spend too much. Can anyone help.

Use whatever you normally do..not a time to make changes..keep it natural...just a bit heavier...than usual (for picture purpose)...stay away from anything too shiney...matte is best..and take a pair of glue on type lashes (they don't have to be expensive just beauty store quality like Sally's). Experiment on yourself taking pictures at home..you can be your best expert and be able to give guidance to the onboard artist...My DD is a professional movie studio artist and these are tips I always hear her giving when asked. If you have any specifics I will be happy to ask her...Best of luck and I know you'll look beautiful...brides always do !!

Edited by Ashland

When I had to buy new makeup for my wedding (before that I just had tinted moisturizer that was ok for every day but not for wedding photos!) I went to Ulta and they recommended Smashbox. They claimed it would last and photograph well, which were my main concerns, and it still looked natural enough that I am actually still using it. Other brands may work just as well, but I was very happy with it.

To help stay on a budget I would choose a couple of important products to splurge on (for me this was foundation and powder) and use less expensive versions of products that would make less difference (I used cheap mascara and lip products which I touched up right before the wedding).

Looking for recommendations on wedding makeup on what brands are good, as you have to take your own makeup on the ship and they apply it for you. Have heard to keep away from SPF makeup. Don't want to spend too much. Can anyone help.

Welcome to Cruise Critic dolphin19:)

You might find some help on the Wedding and Honeymoon board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31