What kind of production shows are there?

Bently57

This is my first cruise with Celebrity since 2003. What are the production shows like? We have enjoyed some really good ones on Princess, and one really bad one on the Caribbean Princess...but overall, we like to go to at least one of these each cruise. We are on the Silhouette in early March.

If the production shows are lackluster, what other onboard entertainment is worth checking out?

Thanks!

ON a 7-night cruise there are 2 production shows. They are very good, IMO. There is usually a comedian, maybe a singer or pianist--sometimes they work comedy into their acts, too. I've seen magicians, aerial acts (usually amazing). I'm talking about the M-Class ships, but I would think the S-Class would be the same.

There are trivia and other games, party band and other music. plus a DJ. On the other Celebrity ships there is a dance party most nights after the 9 PM show. On M-Class ships for the last 4 or 5 cruises the production dancers have done an interactive "sizzle", in the large nightclub, giving us a salsa dancing demonstration and then inviting everyone to participate. "Dancing with the Stripes" is a lot of fun. Officers (stripes) dance with volunteer passengers like on Dancing with the Stars. Other officers and sometimes the comedian are on the judging panel and their comments are hilarious. The audience gets the final say with applause. I hope they do that on Silhouette. I am booked for the Jan. 26th sailing with my SIL and two other friends. Three weeks from today we'll be on the beach at Labadee. :D

Sometimes a solo singer or musician will give an afternoon informal performance in one of the lounges. There are featured nights, like 70s, 80s, and often a sock hop with true oldies music--my favorite.

There should be plenty for you to do. This will be my 12th Celebrity cruise (along with 4 RCCL). I've never been bored.

I think the production shows are usually good, we go to all of them. We have not noticed a big difference in show quality between cruise lines, but some shows are much better than others, often depending on what you enjoy. However, if your standard is Broadway, you will be disappointed - get what you pay for.

It is hit or miss amd it all depends on the ship, time of year, itinerary and etc.

It also depends on what you like.

You can't depend on others wants or likes. There are usually at least

2 production shows and the preview on the first night. Found that you also can't judge one by the other. Best is to go to both as you may have not liked the first show but then think that the second was fabulous. Both shows are different. But overall I think the shows and entertainment recently on Celebrity is getting rather weak and sub par compared to Carnival, Princess and RCCL. I would say that entertainment is not their strong point.

On our 14 night southern Caribbean cruise there was only one comic show and no late night comedy.

This is my opinion and others may not agree so that is why you have to go and judge for yourself.

💨🍸🍻

On M-Class ships for the last 4 or 5 cruises the production dancers have done an interactive "sizzle", in the large nightclub, giving us a salsa dancing demonstration and then inviting everyone to participate.

On the Summit (M class), which is the "large nightclub"? Where is the dance party after the 9 pm show? I know Rendezvous is on 4 and Revelations is on 11. I've been worried there wasn't any dancing in the evenings after the show. This makes me very happy and I don't want to miss it! :)

I thought they had shows every night - not just 2 nights. What do they have the other nights in the theater when it's not a "production show"? Do they post what the show is each day in the daily paper? If not, how do you know what the show is that night?

thanks!

On the Summit (M class), which is the "large nightclub"? Where is the dance party after the 9 pm show? I know Rendezvous is on 4 and Revelations is on 11. I've been worried there wasn't any dancing in the evenings after the show. This makes me very happy and I don't want to miss it! :)

I thought they had shows every night - not just 2 nights. What do they have the other nights in the theater when it's not a "production show"? Do they post what the show is each day in the daily paper? If not, how do you know what the show is that night?

thanks!

Revelations is the nightclub.

They will post what the show is in the daily paper. I know on my Summit cruise last year there was a comedian, but I only peeked my head in to a couple shows so I don't remember what else they did. I've seen on other dailies stuff like a hypnotist or a juggler as the evening show.

They definitely have a show every night in the theater. On a seven day there are usually two production shows, and then from there it all depends. I have seen comedians, jugglers, popular music singers, classical music singers, guitarists, acrobats, and more. Some very good, some average, and a few snoozers. There is always music after the shows, but depending on the cruise you may or may not find a lot of people in the venue(s).

It is hit or miss amd it all depends on the ship, time of year, itinerary and etc.

It also depends on what you like.

You can't depend on others wants or likes. There are usually at least

2 production shows and the preview on the first night. Found that you also can't judge one by the other. Best is to go to both as you may have not liked the first show but then think that the second was fabulous. Both shows are different. But overall I think the shows and entertainment recently on Celebrity is getting rather weak and sub par compared to Carnival, Princess and RCCL. I would say that entertainment is not their strong point.

On our 14 night southern Caribbean cruise there was only one comic show and no late night comedy.

This is my opinion and others may not agree so that is why you have to go and judge for yourself.

^^^ This. In my view the production shows are a mixed bunch and I hate some of them. Then again, you only find this out by attending the shows!

Ther eis a good variety of musical entertainment around the ship, which I think is a strong point of Celebrity compared to other lines.

The interactive theme parties can also be a dead loss, it depends on the staff and passenger interaction, which may not work well all the time.