Explorer Diamond Lounge

cruuman

Normally they use a room off of the Viking Crown. It's a game room. Either Cloud Nine or Seven Hearts. I can't remember which one we were in.

Once, on a Member's cruise they used the Pharoah's Palace lounge as both the DL and the CL overflow. That's because there were so many D and above onboard.

Edited by BND

Hi,

I was just wondering what the Explorer uses for a diamond lounge?

Thanks,

Jack

Explorer has no dedicated Diamond lounge.

For the nightly Diamond event, I've seen them use the 19th hole area up in Viking Crown. They use different venues depending on the amount of Diamond guests on board.

On the New England cruise in September they held it nightly in the Maharajas palace on deck 5, it wasn't that busy except for the night when they held the top tier party in the same lounge just before it.

Past NYE cruise Diamond Event was also held Maharajas. Always empty. Night of the top tier event they moved the Diamond Event down to the awful dungeon - LOL - The Chamber

This past year's Halloween cruise had the nightly Diamond Event in the Pharoah's Palace lounge.

Must have been a 'senior moment' for me.. The Diamond Event on Explorer was held in Maharaja's. I don't know where I came up with Pharoah's... :o Next time check the ship floor plan first....

Edited by edjny

• 2 weeks later...
when is the Explorer due to get upgrades

New Diamond lounge?

Royal has not revealed the date of Explorer's dry dock yet. It was supposed to be January 2015, but now there are cruises scheduled during that time.

I know that it's an event so mixed drinks are not included. Just wine. Is a mimosa or a bellini considered wine?

I'm pretty sure no since they don't have the mixers.

Edited by BND

when is the Explorer due to get upgrades

New Diamond lounge?

I think sometime in 2015. I'm guessing the 19th hole (deck 14) will become the Diamond Lounge, as it has on other voyager class ships.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Royal has not revealed the date of Explorer's dry dock yet. It was supposed to be January 2015, but now there are cruises scheduled during that time.

I think sometime in 2015. I'm guessing the 19th hole (deck 14) will become the Diamond Lounge, as it has on other voyager class ships.

Thanks

I guess they will see how the post drydock reviews for the Nav go before deciding what and when

Edited by jonbgd