Solarium and other quiet places

jasbo49

I'm not sure I understand the concept of the Solarium. Is it a glass-roofed pool and lounge area that's adults only? I don't think I've seen this described on the Celebrity website, and I can't even get on their site this morning. We've sailed on Carnival, where they have Serenity areas and Princess where they have Sanctuary (for a fee). Is Celebrity's Solarium kind of like that? Is it free?

Also, I'm wondering if there are other places people would recommend to just relax and read a book or spend time with my wife in comfort and relative quiet. We don't dislike kids, but we did find the Serenity area on our last Carnival cruise to be relaxing.

If it matters, I'm talking specifically about the Constellation. Thanks in advance.

Jim

The complimentary Connie Solarium is much like ones on Princess ships with three differences.

Connie Solarium has a Thalasotherapy Pool with lots of bubble jets and Connie has an Aqua Spa café in the Solarium. Smoking is allowed on the open pool deck outside the auto doors allowing the smoke to drift into the Solarium.

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

I'm not sure I understand the concept of the Solarium. Is it a glass-roofed pool and lounge area that's adults only? I don't think I've seen this described on the Celebrity website, and I can't even get on their site this morning. We've sailed on Carnival, where they have Serenity areas and Princess where they have Sanctuary (for a fee). Is Celebrity's Solarium kind of like that? Is it free?

Yes, it is exactly a glass roofed pool and lounge area that's adults only. And it is free. Kids are allowed very rarely, when there is bad weather and the main pools are closed. The pool itself is very nice. Like an enormous jacuzzi with waves, bubbles, salt water. I remember feeling sorry for the kids because they can't use it. Kids would love something like that.

Also, I'm wondering if there are other places people would recommend to just relax and read a book or spend time with my wife in comfort and relative quiet. We don't dislike kids, but we did find the Serenity area on our last Carnival cruise to be relaxing.

There are lots of nooks and crannies and lounges to do exactly that. The chairs in the Solarium are actually very nice for that. Cafe Al Bacio is nice too, and you can nibble on pastries while you do. Also the lounge on deck 11 has a great view of the wake and was never very crowded. The area by Cellar Masters and Bistro on 5 is also usually very quiet.

I really miss the T-pool on the S-class ships. The regular Solarium pool they have is definitely not as much fun :(

I might need to do another Connie cruise just for the lovely T-pool.

Also - maybe it's just me but on the Silhouette last month the Solarium felt very air-conditioned and that's not a good feeling when going in a pool or especially after you get out.

It all depends on what you call a quiet area. There are no bands playing or pool games, but there is nothing saying that no talking is allowed. Occassionally there will be a group or one person that feel that they have to constantly carry on a conversation and have the voice that is really annoying and carries.

There are also table in the area and many will sit there playing games. So it all depends on what they are playing and how many drinks are involved as they may also get a little too involved with the game and not be considerate of the surroundings.

Best place is on your balcony. Enjoy the view of the sea and have your own table and chair without having people disturbing you.

.💨🍸🍻

Thank you, everyone. It sounds like this will be a good spot for us, along with whatever spaces we stumble on during our cruise. With only five days, it helps to know going in where you might want to spend your time, eat your meals, catch your shows, etc.

Jim