Boarding a ship in-tansit

trbarton

I'm booked on the Islander in September for a Panama Canal that's starts in Vancouver, I'm boarding in San Francisco. What do people know about the boarding times with this type of cruise? Any difference in boarding times when your boarding in-transit? I'm aware that Princess is also doing a 3 day cruise to San Francisco so there my be some people getting off.

Thanks!

Tom

We did the same trip on Island Princess from Vancouver in the fall of 2010. It was a two day to SF and then 15 days on to Fort Lauderdale for 17 days total. There were initially something like 1200 Canadians on board, the majority by far. Upon arrival in SF more than half the people onboard disembarked leaving something like 400 or 500 Canadians. It seemed like a regular port day for us as we were going on to Florida.

Terry

It's the same as a B2B, which it technically is... normal boarding. Only difference would be in-transit passengers not on tour re-boarding before general boarding. I took the Island last year from Vancouver to FLL, a 2-day cruise and a 15-day cruise.