123 go and upgrading cabin.

welshfamily

Does anyone know if you are allowed to keep 123 go and upgrade your cabin. By this I mean if we book a Balcony and the price drops can we still upgrade to AQ and keep our 123 go benefits

Or can we only do this until the 123go ends on the 28th of February and after that we we lose our benefits.

We are trying to decided when to book. We always book very early but our cruise was chartered out and we have no experience of price drops with benefits.

We are looking at Europe in August. There has suddenly been a price drop in the lower category of Balcony's.

We don't really drink much alcohol and so always buy the premium non alcoholic drinks package so we would have to pay the upgrade with the present offer.

Thank you.

We did this twice before our cruise last October. Booked a hump balcony very early. Changed to AQ when price dropped and kept package with no extra cost. Then moved to a Sky suite again kept the package.

I think it all depends if the cruises at the time you switch have the 123go offer. Last year the free drink package from the uk was offered for most of the summer.

I think as long as the cabin you are upgrading to isn't some special rate that isn't combinable with 123, you will be okay. We upgraded on our last cruise just a few weeks before sailing and kept our 123 drink package, the room we upgraded to was a GTY rate.

For this past November we had 123 Go and we upgraded to a balcony just before the cruise as prices had dropped and we were able to keep the 123 Go free beverage package. It was actually a guarantee we upgraded to and kept the deal but I understand some guarantees are special rates and if you upgrade to those you lose the 123 go. To be clear, when we upgraded there was no current 123 Go offer ongoing, it came back again after. So as long as it is a regular price, what they call 5 star you can do it and keep the 123 GO even if the offer is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk