Zaandam 3392

cruisin'teach

Anyone stayed in Zaandam room 3392? Will we have noise from the kitchen above? Thanks!

We were in an outside in this area, your port side a few cabins forward from 3392 and, yes, there is noise from the kitchen and vibration from the engine room pipe shaft (that white space in the middle).

Off and on, sometimes ongoing, sometimes really loud. The Zaandam has fixed the really bad noise from the bakery which used to be heard out on the deck as well! 3392 should be better as it is a ways away from the main kitchen area, although not sure about the pipe shaft and an inside.

Right now 3392 is a D and I personally would not pay the price for this cabin. There are better Lower Prom cabins, if that is what you want.

After May 2 3392 will be downgraded to an E, so that shows something! Really too bad about the noise issues here because this is an excellent location actually!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Now you have me concerned. We have a cabin next to one of the white squares that runs from the bottom floor to the top. I have never heard of an engine pipe shaft. DH says shouldn't that go from the engine to the propellers and he thought the white square might be smoke stacks.

Anyone know what is hidden in the repeating white space between the middle and back elevators on about half of the ships?

Now you have me concerned. We have a cabin next to one of the white squares that runs from the bottom floor to the top. I have never heard of an engine pipe shaft. DH says shouldn't that go from the engine to the propellers and he thought the white square might be smoke stacks.

Anyone know what is hidden in the repeating white space between the middle and back elevators on about half of the ships?

Not sure what it is called, but I know VIBRATION when I feel it! The port side cabins by the white areas forward of the aft staircase have vibration. In our outside cabin in this area we could feel the floor vibrate just inside the door and sometimes in the bathroom. Noise from that white area was evident as well, but not as bad as from the bakery area of the kitchen above.

There are a lot of cabin category changes in this area, as there should be. Most should be HH at best.

Hi Lindaler,... now I too am quite concerned, as we have booked an Alaska cruise on the Zaandam , and our cabin is # 3383 cat; H..... hopefully we won't be subjected to the kitchen noise & vibration, that our c.c. friend mentioned :eek:

Silvertogold,.... Thank you, for your reply, I feel a bit more at ease with our choice of cabin, and a bit of vibration is preferable ,to having a noisy kitchen above us. ;)

You will be fine! Super cruise, great location out onto the deck in a flash!

Have a great time and come back and tell us about it!

You will be fine! Super cruise, great location out onto the deck in a flash!

Have a great time and come back and tell us about it!

Thank you again, for your re-assurance,....... this will be our 6th Alaska cruise, last one was on the Westerdam in June 2013, and we always find something different to see....... and Yes! I'll certainly post a comment, when we return. :)