Odyssey Penthouse perks?

Ka Honu

We're taking our first Seabourn cruise this year (on Odyssey). Thanks to the Seabourn web site and Cruise Critic I think we have a pretty good handle on what to expect. We were lucky enough to book a Penthouse at a reasonable price and wondered if there were any suite-specific "perks" included similar to those we've experienced on other lines.

Mahalo.

Edited by Ka Honu

We're taking our first Seabourn cruise this year (on Odyssey). Thanks to the Seabourn web site and Cruise Critic I think we have a pretty good handle on what to expect. We were lucky enough to book a Penthouse at a reasonable price and wondered if there were any suite-specific "perks" included similar to those we've experienced on other lines.

Mahalo.

Someone will correct me... However as far as I can see other than more space there's nothing. The OS comes with WiFi but from what I see the penthouse just has more room than a normal suite.

Edited by baychilla

Mahalo.

I don't recall any perks in a regular PH, only in the PH Spa Suites, but I don't know if the Odyssey has those yet. Suffice to say the PH Suites are much larger than a typical suite and, if you are on the 9th deck, no one on the deck other than officers to and from the Bridge, so it feels much more private than being on other decks. Oh, you do get a larger size of the Molton Brown products, but not sure that is a "perk." No preferential treatment, but hey, it's Seabourn, so everyone is treated the same and so you don't need preferential treatment. All I can say is that you will love the PH Suite; I liked it best for the extra storage, the separate bedroom, and the separate water closet.

We stayed in a PH on our very first Seabourn Cruise (Sojourn). As indicated, larger overall space and veranda, free wi-fi, etc. Extra TV in bedroom which is really just a glass enclosure within the suite. And the bath has jacuzzi jets. Overall storage space is about the same. We liked the privacy separation between the toilet and the bath area, and that space has a small sink-- sort of like a powder room. But as time goes on, the price difference between V6 and PH has grown considerably and we found it is NOT worth the difference. Ship location is the same in V6 just one or two decks down. But all guests have same access too all general amenities whether V suite or PH. So, yes we enjoyed the extra space, but unless the price is really close, skip the PH in favor of a V5 or V6 and use the difference to buy some expensive watches in the Caribbean as we did recently!

Edited by randrplease

We stayed in a PH on our very first Seabourn Cruise (Sojourn). As indicated, larger overall space and veranda, free wi-fi, etc. Extra TV in bedroom which is really just a glass enclosure within the suite. And the bath has jacuzzi jets. Overall storage space is about the same. We liked the privacy separation between the toilet and the bath area, and that space has a small sink-- sort of like a powder room. But as time goes on, the price difference between V6 and PH has grown considerably and we found it is NOT worth the difference. Ship location is the same in V6 just one or two decks down. But all guests have same access too all general amenities whether V suite or PH. So, yes we enjoyed the extra space, but unless the price is really close, skip the PH in favor of a V5 or V6 and use the difference to buy some expensive watches in the Caribbean as we did recently!

Interesting according to the Sea born site only ~OS get s the free Wi Fi.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

For me the beauty of Seabourn is its simplicity.

That means no priority embarkation and disembarkation, no special lounge, no special dining room, no privileged people jumping queues to get into specialty restaurants, no one unpacking your suitcase and fawning over you, etc.

From what I understand those perks are offered at Crystal, Regent, Oceania, Cunard and Silversea and those mass market lines of Cunard, HAL and Princess and who knows what else.

And I hope it stays that way. The whole idea of VIP status at Disneyland and these make-a-buck cruise lines / "I am paying more for my cabin and so I like so deserve it" is a deal breaker for me.

Happy cruising (on Seabourn)!

Yes, one of the things I have always liked about SB is the democratic environment -- no class system. if they start doing things that separate treatment of passengers by suite level that will be quite disappointing.

Perks on Seabourn only come after you have sailed many days and the more you sail the higher the level you reach so the more perks are given.

This system works well on Seabourn and I hope that it remains that way.

And sailing in a penthouse suite does move you along to the next level quicker.