Mystery Dinner Theater

It's a fun evening and the event takes over Portofino for the night. It's a much smaller menu choice but delicious nevertheless. I've been to one and the event started off in a lounge with champagne and the beginning of the story. We then head to the restaurant for the meal and the rest of the story unfolded. We got a chance to question the suspects. I enjoyed it very much.

ETA Here's the menu from FOS last year

IMG_1244.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

We did MM on the Navigator, it started out in the Viking Crown Lounge with Hors duerves and champagne. We then went down to Portofino and the play continued as we ate dinner, it included appetizer, entree, desert and all the red or white house wine you could drink. It is a real ham and egg performance but we had a lot of fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Has anyone done the Mystery Dinner Theater? I am sailing Jan 18 on the Serenade & purchased it. In reading the info it says it takes place in Portofino's??? Does anyone know if it is elsewhere? I have already paid so I am confused!:confused:

My understanding is that they hold it in Giovanni's on ships without Portofino.

Thank you for the reply! it sounds like so much fun & I am really looking forward to it! Where my confusion comes from is there is no longer Portofino's on the Serenade! I hope they have chosen another restaurant to do it in! I have not received anything from RCCL with an update. I am hoping someone else out there has done this since the dry dock upgrades!

Thank you for the reply! it sounds like so much fun & I am really looking forward to it! Where my confusion comes from is there is no longer Portofino's on the Serenade! I hope they have chosen another restaurant to do it in! I have not received anything from RCCL with an update. I am hoping someone else out there has done this since the dry dock upgrades!

I answered in the other thread also. I read that they do the dinner in Giovanni's.

Do they have it on the Jewel? I'll have to check I guess. Thanks

I'm not sure. This is the first time I've ever noticed it. But it doesn't sound like a new thing! I have no idea which ships or class of ships have it. I've been on at least one ship in each class & am just now noticing it. I tend to stay in my ruts. I want to try everything at least once!

Edited by RazorbackIslandGirl

We did this on Indy. We dont drink but it was still so very woth it and entertaining. Loved having Giovanis all to ourself as a group of 75.

Did you have to reserve this prior to the cruise or right when you boarded? Would love to do this, we sail Indy on a 6 nite on the 26th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have to reserve this prior to the cruise or right when you boarded? Would love to do this, we sail Indy on a 6 nite on the 26th

I would reserve it ahead of time since they only take a limited number of people. It is cheesy and silly but so much fun. At the end you have to guess the killer and they put all the correct answers into a raffle for a pretty nice basket of goodies.

I would reserve it ahead of time since they only take a limited number of people. It is cheesy and silly but so much fun. At the end you have to guess the killer and they put all the correct answers into a raffle for a pretty nice basket of goodies.

How to you reserve it ahead of time I don't see it anywhere in my reservation

And they do it on 6 nite cruises

I don't know if they do it on 6 night cruises. We are hoping to be able to participate on our Explorer cruise but reservations haven't opened up. Maybe you can call your TA or Royal to see if they offering it on your cruise and then book that way.

Good luck.

We did it several years ago and it was a lot of fun. On our Serenade cruise in a couple of weeks its listed on the first night and we really don't want to do it the first night on board so we've decided not to.

We did it several years ago and it was a lot of fun. On our Serenade cruise in a couple of weeks its listed on the first night and we really don't want to do it the first night on board so we've decided not to.

Ours is on the first night & it was listed under Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences.

Ours is on the first night & it was listed under Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences.

We ate in Giovanni's on Oasis and the food was really fabulous. I think you'll love both the Mystery Dinner as well as the food! We'll be getting on Serenade as you get off! Have a great cruise!