stop in St Thomas

iriemon

Crown Bay unless a most unusual circumstance.

We were on Noordam a few years ago and there were so many ships in, we tendered from the inner harbor but all the other visits on HAL ships in the last 5 or so years, we've docked at Crown Bay.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks Sail, yes I was there in December and they did add a few but nothing like havensmith. Been to St. Thomas so many times I usually just get off the ship and walk around and not have to bother with the hassle of traffic etc. Just looking for a change of scenery.

On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise we were at Crown Bay.

HAL signed a contract a few years ago to dock at Crown Bay for 10 years. I think that contract is up in about 3 or 4 years. And I have a feeling that they will renew their contract to stay there.

We prefer Havensight. More shops and more restaurants.

We prefer Havensight because we used to enjoy the walk into town though we likely would not do that now. We also like next to Havensight is Yacht Haven with Marina and some nice shops. I've been told some of the higher end stores closed but we very much enjoy that new complex we watched them build for years. :) We sometimes take a taxi from Crown Bay to Yacht Haven and skip HavenSIGHT.

And yes, more restaurants. :)

Our last visit that we went to Charlotte Amalie, we saw some shops we'd known for years gone but we also saw some rejuvenation. Some of the older shops were occupied by new owners/tenants and had complete remodeling. Many could use lots of work. Some haven't so much as been painted in years. :eek:

Although a lot of the stores are the same at the cruise docks and downtown, the selection and bargaining power is better in the downtown stores. Wish there was a Fresh P------ clothing store other than downtown though!

I like Fresh Produce and usually madk a stop there when in St. Thomas as well as Key West and Bar Harbor.

Fresh Produce's website is good and I get frequent e-mail notices of new things in their line and/or sales.

I have ordered on line and was very well pleased with the service/delivery/product I received.

Edited by sail7seas