Princess customer relations: Excellent

plunker

There was a price drop on our cruise on the Ruby Feb 10-15 so we called our ta and asked her to check into it to see if we could save some money. She emailed and said it was only for new bookings and there was nothing she could do for us. Of course I had to check for myself so I called Princess today and after being on hold for 20 minutes got a lady who would tell me nothing because we have a ta. I told her i just have a general question for you and i want to know if the new price is only for new bookings. She kept sighing into the phone loudly so i told her to get me a supervisor. The supervisor came on and explained to me in 1 minute that it was new bookings only and i would lose half the money on my booking if i rebooked so it didnt make sense. I told him thanks thats all i wanted to know but the other lady wouldnt answer my question. He said for the trouble he will be sending my wife and i to crown grill or sabatini's during our cruise and thanked me for choosing princess. Could not have been more helpful or nicer.

IMO - there is nothing wrong the first Customer Service person did. When you book with a TA, you are supposed to go through them for your questions. The first person did tell you what you were supposed to do, go through your TA - she may have gotten in trouble if she told you more as she is not supposed to answer these type of questions, this is why you have a TA.

We noticed a good price drop on our cruise booked directly with Princess, The agent said the new price was for new bookings. Since this was before the final payment I asked how I could take advantage of the new price. She said I would have to cancel my booking and rebook. She said, "I can do that for you, if you like." Then she said it may take a minute to transfer your deposit to the new booking. In short phone call we saved $250.:D The agent was very helpful and left a positive impression on us. Gave her a 5 on the one question survey. Thank you Princess.

We noticed a good price drop on our cruise booked directly with Princess, The agent said the new price was for new bookings. Since this was before the final payment I asked how I could take advantage of the new price. She said I would have to cancel my booking and rebook. She said, "I can do that for you, if you like." Then she said it may take a minute to transfer your deposit to the new booking. In short phone call we saved $250.:D The agent was very helpful and left a positive impression on us. Gave her a 5 on the one question survey. Thank you Princess.

The OP was beyond final payment. Were you?

We noticed a good price drop on our cruise booked directly with Princess, The agent said the new price was for new bookings. Since this was before the final payment I asked how I could take advantage of the new price. .

The OP was beyond final payment. Were you?

They said it was before final payment.

IMO - there is nothing wrong the first Customer Service person did. When you book with a TA, you are supposed to go through them for your questions. The first person did tell you what you were supposed to do, go through your TA - she may have gotten in trouble if she told you more as she is not supposed to answer these type of questions, this is why you have a TA.

Sighing loudly into the phone is definitely wrong and not good customer service in my opinion.

I agree. It wasn't like she sighed loudly one time. I was on the phone with her for probably 5 minutes and she did it probably 8-10 times so i commented on her doing it and then asked for a supervisor. I think she should be able to answer a general question about whether the new price was only for new bookings or not even if i have a ta.

Sighing loudly into the phone is definitely wrong and not good customer service in my opinion.

Princess agents are not allowed to discuss pricing if people booked through a TA. The OP was told this and still persisted, what more could the agent do with out rudely getting off the phone when the OP is still wanting an answer? I agree it probably was not the best but the agent probably couldn't find a way to end the call with out being rude.

Supervisors can discuss more than what Princess agents can discuss.

I agree. It wasn't like she sighed loudly one time. I was on the phone with her for probably 5 minutes and she did it probably 8-10 times so i commented on her doing it and then asked for a supervisor. I think she should be able to answer a general question about whether the new price was only for new bookings or not even if i have a ta.

They are not allowed to discuss pricing with anyone who books with a TA. That is what TAs are for. This includes specific pricing on your booking if it is for new bookings only. They have to follow guidelines. Supervisors have less restrictions.

I am surprised you didn't trust your TA as they were right.

Princess agents are not allowed to discuss pricing if people booked through a TA. The OP was told this and still persisted, what more could the agent do with out rudely getting off the phone when the OP is still wanting an answer? I agree it probably was not the best but the agent probably couldn't find a way to end the call with out being rude.

Supervisors can discuss more than what Princess agents can discuss.

If this were the case, a good customer service rep would of explained that and asked the caller if they would like to speak to a supervisor who may able of offer more information;)

If this were the case, a good customer service rep would of explained that and asked the caller if they would like to speak to a supervisor who may able of offer more information;)

I think there probably is 2 sides to this story. The OP was told by her travel agent that it was for new bookings only. She didn't listen to that and called Princess. The Princess agent said she has to discuss that with her TA as that is how she booked and the OP still persisted. Not sure if the OP was as cooperative as they described.

Having worked in Customer Service - I think there may be more to the story. In many call centers, Supervisors are often the last resort and sometimes difficult to get on the phone.

Edited by Coral

I think there probably is 2 sides to this story. The OP was told by her travel agent that it was for new bookings only. She didn't listen to that and called Princess. The Princess agent said she has to discuss that with her TA as that is how she booked and the OP still persisted. Not sure if the OP was as cooperative as they described.

Having worked in Customer Service - I think there may be more to the story. In many call centers, Supervisors are often the last resort and sometimes difficult to get on the phone.

I agree with Coral. I spent 10 years in Customer Service and some customers will just press on when they don't like the answer that we are instructed to give. We are very limited in certain circumstance in the information we can give out. It is not that I was trying to be rude, there were times I gave the information I was allowed to give and the customer was still not happy. At that point, the customer stays on the phone and it becomes very uncomfortable on how to end the call. Supervisors do not like simple calls to be escalated. They have enough issues to deal with that are more pressing.

I always ask my TA if there are any price drops or any incentives going on. That was nice that they gave you a free dinner but they were not obligated to do so.

For future reference you may want to call your TA before calling Princess directly because your TA has the authority to change your reservation. If you would rather deal directly with Princess then you can just book your reservation on their website or via the call center hence losing any benefits that a TA may give you.

I told her i just have a general question for you and i want to know if the new price is only for new bookings.

Asking about a specific price drop on a specific booking that the caller had is not a general question. These questions need to be addressed to whom you book with. I side with the agent on this. You should not have pressed her because this was not a general question.

Asking a princess rep if the price they have advertised on their website is only for new bookings is a general question. She kept telling me she cant make any changes to my reservation cause i have a ta and my only point was i didnt want any changes made to my reservation i just wanted a question answered and that was it.