Seven People - Two Cars - Port Everglades

Lady_Gamecock

My DH and I are pondering how to handle this situation....

We have seven embarking on the 12 APR Independence of the Seas out of Port Everglades.

We're thinking about leaving one car at the hotel and one car at the Port. We plan to make two trips from the hotel (one with luggage/one with passengers).

Here's our dilemma: Are there hotels that will allow us to simply leave our car there even if we don't take their transportation to/from the Port? The hotel needs to be close enough to the Port that we can make it back and forth without too many issues. Once we return to Port Everglades, we'll pick-up the car parked at the Port, stuff it full of suitcases, make a run to the hotel, and then return to pick-up our remaining family at the Port.

There is NO WAY we can drive the "day of" the cruise. It's about 9-10 hours drive for us, one way, so we need to drive on the Friday prior.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Normally, this isn't an issue for us, but there are a lot of more of us going this time and I'm attempting to "try and make everyone happy". :eek:

Thanks again!

Lady_G

We've done the Stay, Park & Ride in the past, and it's been "hit or miss". Because it takes us so long to drive from Charleston to Port Everglades, we do not get to the hotel until very late into the evening. Thus, we end up very low on the list, and once we were so far down the list we ran the risk of missing the boat, so we just drove to the Port.

I'd prefer to have a little more control over the "coming and going" but I did just remember there is a "Park and Go" near the Port. Maybe we'll do that for both cars......

I dunno, I'm still interested in leaving a car at the hotel if they'd allow.

Thanks,

Lady_G

We have the same situation for our Feb cruise - 6 ppl and 2 cars. We are going to use the Park and Go next the port. Too much going on in Ft Lauderdale the weekend we leave on our cruise so no hotels near the port (in our price range anyway)