Question on a canon lens

mrbill62

Does anyone knows if they make or have a adapter that you can use a canon lens on a Nikon D-3200 ? The reason I ask is my son has a canon lens which I love to have but I have a Nikon camera. Thanks for the feed back.

What cannon lens are you wanting to use? I am sure Nikon makes the same or very close to it. You could rent the lens for a reasonable price or buy used through KEH.com...... I have had excellent results going through keh myself, as well as my friends.

While there are a few adapters available for certain applications (such as a Nikon lens to Canon body, or Canon FD lens to Nikon body), they are really not a viable solution.

First, the optics will be suspect, and you may not get as sharp of a photo.

Second, the focus point often changes, so you may not be able to focus to infinity.

Third, you will have to use manual focus and manual exposure controls.

Manual focus these days is not that easy as DSLRs lack the ground glass focus grids that SLRs of old had.

Generally, you will likely find less than acceptable results.

Edited by awboater

While there are a few adapters available for certain applications (such as a Nikon lens to Canon body, or Canon FD lens to Nikon body), they are really not a viable solution.

First, the optics will be suspect, and you may not get as sharp of a photo.

Second, the focus point often changes, so you may not be able to focus to infinity.

Third, you will have to use manual focus and manual exposure controls.

Manual focus these days is not that easy as DSLRs lack the ground glass focus grids that SLRs of old had.

Generally, you will likely find less than acceptable results.

awboater, Thanks for the info.I was hoping that it could be done Mrbill

Dave, I guess I should buy a Canon. mrbill

LOL

I don't think they did that on purpose!

If you want a camera that almost any lens can be adapted to, you may want to look at the mirrorless cameras like the Sony NEX or Micro 4/3 cameras from Panasonic or Olympus. If your son's lens is for a full-frame Canon (1D, 5D, etc.), the new Sony A7 or A7r cameras have full-frame sensors and use the NEX e-mount which has adapters available for nearly every lens ever made, including adapters for EOS that electronically control the Aperture for use in P, A, S or M modes.

Dave

Edited by pierces

LOL

I don't think they did that on purpose!

If you want a camera that almost any lens can be adapted to, you may want to look at the mirrorless cameras like the Sony NEX or Micro 4/3 cameras from Panasonic or Olympus. If your son's lens is for a full-frame Canon (1D, 5D, etc.), the new Sony A7 or A7r cameras have full-frame sensors and use the NEX e-mount which has adapters available for nearly every lens ever made, including adapters for EOS that electronically control the Aperture for use in P, A, S or M modes.

Dave

Dave,I think I'll keep my D-3200. It's paid for. Mrbill