New Drink Packages Rule

So are double shots allowed on an unlimited beverage package? I don't ask for the sake of sharing, but for a friend I know who orders drinks with double shots. Anyone know? My friend is going on a cruise next month and if this is allowed, it could save him some good money over the 7 nights.

So are double shots allowed on an unlimited beverage package? I don't ask for the sake of sharing, but for a friend I know who orders drinks with double shots. Anyone know? My friend is going on a cruise next month and if this is allowed, it could save him some good money over the 7 nights.

In August when I had the Premium Package on Grandeur otS they were NOT. The package covers drinks up to $10, when you double a drink the price typically goes over that. You might be able to get away with it on rail/call/well brands though. If your buddy orders doubles because he likes them strong, order the singles "short" they'll have less mixer.

I guess he point of the previous poster who commented to you was that your ability to do whatever you want stops when it infringes on others. So when you do something against the rules and it impacts on others of course they will call you out on it. That includes smoking on the balcony, hogging pool chars and stealing drinks.

Well said!!!!!!!!!

Rules are always broken but don't brag about it .

It's always your neighbour or fellow man that gets hurt Jennifer

I guess he point of the previous poster who commented to you was that your ability to do whatever you want stops when it infringes on others. So when you do something against the rules and it impacts on others of course they will call you out on it. That includes smoking on the balcony, hogging pool chars and stealing drinks.

Well said!!!!!!!!!

Rules are always broken but don't brag about it .

It's always your neighbour or fellow man that gets hurt Jennifer

Thanks for supporting me. I've been trying to stay out of the "debate" after the last response to my comments. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. And I checked for stick but didn't find one.

I am sorry. Didn't mean it as a brag. But was just stating a fact. I would not tell my husband no that he can't have any of my water that came from the drink package. Yes, I would share that. We always take a Nalgene of water with us too on shore. But I don't think letting my husband drink some of my water while on shore makes me a bad person.

[quote name='vacuman']As a fan of drinks packages (just one less thing to worry about once paid) the posts so far are forgetting that the material costs of the drinks are tiny compared to what we pay. So what if you share the odd drink. Not saying it's right but a can of beer costs the cruise line about 50 cents, a liter of spirit around $8 etc. If you have the package and pass on a few drinks it's not going to be share price affecting.

As has been mentioned, all that counts is that on-board spend, when drinks packages are available at a price people will pay, is greater than without. If the rules (i.e. CCL all adults in cabin) or range (Celebrity include coffees and juices) are not attractive then the take-up will be lower. If that's what the cruise lines want then fine but I'm sure they know their business, their P&L and their customers better than we do.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. Next time I shall book a balcony cabin with two beds and two pullman beds, but only pay for two. I shall, however, bring three other guests with me. After all, the cost of the cabin doesn't increase just because there are four people in there instead of two, right? And it's the on-board spend that matters that counts....four people will spend more than two.

Royal Caribbean should be thanking me for coming up with this strategy!

:rolleyes:

I don't think there is anything stopping someone from getting drinks for their spouse or cabin mate... But when we went on an RC cruise not too long ago, I realized that there isn't anything stopping someone from getting drinks for [U]anyone [/U]- even people from other rooms. So it all boils down to playing by the rules. I personally think this new rule is better. When we went, we had over 20 people in our group. There were a few couples where one person drank, while their roommate or spouse did (or could) not. And they were told "it's all or none". They were livid - and I think it actually COST RC more money because those couples ended up NOT buying the drink packages, nor did they drink much alcohol at all. I can honestly see both sides of the coin, but I just think this new rule treats people more as individuals. As for me and my roomy - we both drank like fish and bought the package! Wasn't a problem for us either way! :) Edited by kmbrly64
typo

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Great idea. Next time I shall book a balcony cabin with two beds and two pullman beds, but only pay for two. I shall, however, bring three other guests with me. After all, the cost of the cabin doesn't increase just because there are four people in there instead of two, right? And it's the on-board spend that matters that counts....four people will spend more than two.

Royal Caribbean should be thanking me for coming up with this strategy!

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I think the cruise lines already take that into consideration. For the most part, the 3rd and 4th (or more) passengers in a cabin pay a reduced rate. There is extra time/labor required to make up the room each day, and there are meals for the extra passengers. It's usually a pretty good deal!

[quote name='zombiehunter']In August when I had the Premium Package on Grandeur otS they were NOT. The package covers drinks up to $10, when you double a drink the price typically goes over that. You might be able to get away with it on rail/call/well brands though. If your buddy orders doubles because he likes them strong, order the singles "short" they'll have less mixer.[/quote]

Ordering the drinks "Short"...sounds like a good idea! I'll tell him that. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

[quote name='racnwdow']I am sorry. Didn't mean it as a brag. But was just stating a fact. I would not tell my husband no that he can't have any of my water that came from the drink package. Yes, I would share that. We always take a Nalgene of water with us too on shore. But I don't think letting my husband drink some of my water while on shore makes me a bad person.[/QUOTE]

I don't think even the strictest of us would object to that. You are not a bad person. :)

I only object to those who willfully and extensively cheat. It's even worse when they try to "explain" here on the forums. At least keep it on the down low for goodness sake.