Good time / pricing for cruise with a teenager?

jen1016

I am looking to book a cruise for my son, my mother and I in 2015.

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises - but I am wondering if there is another one better for teenagers? My son will be 15.

Also - because he will be in Grade 10, do the prices for cruises increase over Christmas holidays and March break? What about cruising in the summer, is it really warm?

Thanks in advance for your help with my questions!

Jennifer

Prices are very high when kids are out of school, especially compared to other times of the year. The Carribbean is hot and humid in the summer, Mexico not much better. Alaska is nice!:)

What we found for Spring Break cruises is a few weeks beforehand the prices of the double cabins drop to almost January levels.

Better cruiseline? That's very subjective. Our DDs like Carnival and the clubs.

Christmas and the weeks before and after Easter are usually very expensive. If possible check the last two weeks of August when prices usually drop. I've done a few family cruises in August and the prices are reasonable. The Carnival Breeze sails from Miami on alternating six and eight day trips. I would look at that ship to see if it interests you. My wife, my sixteen year old son and I are booked for August 2014 on the eight day itinerary to Grand Turk, San Juan, Puerto Rico, St Maarten, and St Kitts.

The demand will definitely be higher when kids are out of school. But look for a third passenger rate (we always got it for our daughter on our Carnival and Princess cruises, no matter what time of year). Since we can cruise only when our daughter is out of school, we realize that our sailings in late December will always be pricier than the cruise before and after us.

Which cruiseline will depend on what are your interests. We switched to Princess after some Carnival cruises and have been very happy. But we're not into rock climbing walls, etc.