Flat iron on clothes

onthelake

If I have clothing that's wrinkled, I hang it in the bathroom when I shower and the steam gets most of the wrinkles out. Most is all I care about:D I don't like to iron in my real life - I really don't want to do it on vacation. (ironically, laundry on vacation doesn't bother me - a few pieces here and there so I can carry less, at least, not spending a day in a laundromat sort of thing)

I use dry cleaner bags separating my clothes and they come out wrinkle free. I also hang my clothes in the closet as soon as I take them out of the suitcase. I may have some wrinkles but my formal wear is fine. We use a garment bag for DH's suit and my fancy dresses, separated by the dry cleaner bags and it works great. No need to iron. If I did have a need, I would just send them out to be ironed.

I have tried that after seeing it on travel tip segments on different tv shows. I have never had luck with it working. What works well is, as some have mentioned, hanging them in the steamy bathroom. Also, if you take a spray bottle and fill it with water and lightly mist the garment and give it a slight tug - the wrinkles come right out. I have heard people have a lot of luck with the Downey wrinkle reducer - I think it's the same concept as the water, but it probably has fabric softener mixed in it.

I have - and it worked fine for making creases in pants sharper, flattening collars on polo shorts, etc., but that is about the extent of it. Only do this with an iron where you can reduce the temperature. Otherwise, I use Downy Wrinkle Release, or send stuff out.

I just pack in dry cleaner bags and nothing gets wrinkled. Everything is in its own bag.

I have a small can of aerosol wrinkle remover, a 3 oz. one I bought from the travel store where I work. I can't tell you how many cruises it has been on and it's probably more than half full, I rarely use it. It's one of those items that is just always in our toiletry kit.

Edit to add (I don't own a flat iron) but…don't they come with temperature controls?

Edited by Happy ks

Edit to add (I don't own a flat iron) but…don't they come with temperature controls?

I have two - one is a real cheapie and it has no controls. Another is a combo curling iron & flat iron and it does have controls. I think it depends on how much you spend!