Anyone Done Peat Taylor Private Beach Tour?

gskline

Will be arriving on the Oasis to Falmouth Jamaica in March. We've done Dunn's River Falls, Rafting, & Plantation tour. Looking for a nice tour that goes to a Beach to relax for a few hours. Has anyone done the Peat Taylor Private Beach Tour?? There's no comments on his website from anyone that's done it.

I see you are from the BURGH also-so am I!

Oasis is a wonderful ship, it's one of my favorites. The shows are fantastic, especially Hairspray and the Aqua show.

There's so much to see in Jamaica, you may miss them if you just go to the beach!

Have you gone to Secret Falls? Can I suggest a company we used while on Allure this past summer? Take a look at this-they have a lot to offer.

http://www.Libertytoursjamaica.com

I highly recommend them!

Oasis is a wonderful ship, it's one of my favorites. The shows are fantastic, especially Hairspray and the Aqua show.

There's so much to see in Jamaica, you may miss them if you just go to the beach!

Have you gone to Secret Falls? Can I suggest a company we used while on Allure this past summer? Take a look at this-they have a lot to offer.

www.Libertytoursjamaica.com

I highly recommend them!

Hey Rosebud,

Glad to hear from another Yinzer:D. Thanks for the link. This will be my 3rd time to Jamaica. We've done most of the "big places" to see. Wanted some Beach time. We can't wait to go on the Oasis. I heard so many good things about her. Did you happen to eat at Chops on Board. We're going over our 25th Wedding Anniversary and thought we'd eat there that night, which is the day we'll be at port in Jamaica!!!

Greg

http://www.Libertytoursjamaica.com

I highly recommend them!

I just looked at Liberty tours to see what they had and there are no actual beach trips which is what we are looking for.

Looking for a nice beach to go to for a few hours. I've contacted a few tour operators and Peat's Tours is offering me a private tour to Bamboo Blu Beach. The pics look nice on Trip Advisor. Has anyone actually been there and is it nice??

• 2 weeks later...

We chose against Peat Taylor because I had heard his private tours are not necessarily private as in your own group. When we were in port, we passed his bus which had at least 30 people on board. If you were looking at doing your own thing, I"m sure he could arrange it.

Anyway, we took Courtney Taylor and primarily did the beach...we had a 4 year old and 2 pregnant ladies so most of the touristy stuff was off limits. We did a short river tubing expedition first which was fantastic and then went to Bamboo Blu Beach. I was very, very happy with this beach, primarily because I had heard Jamaica is one of the worst as far as vendors go, and I HATE that while trying to relax. This beach appears to be privately owned (we had to go into a gate community next to the RIU to get there) and so there is only one person there selling massages. They asked once and then left us alone. The beach is not terribly huge but is also not busy at all. There appeared to be chairs for rent and also a few tented bed type areas. There is also a sit downish restaurant in the middle and very nice bathrooms. We spent about 2 hours there, which is usually plenty of time for me at the beach, but we wanted to stay longer at the end. The water was very clear and not rocky at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I used Peat Taylor Tour without any issues. Peat Jr. only took our group of 5 and we went to Coyaba Water Garden and the Blue Hole. He also stopped at a grocery store for us and was very friendly. We had a great day. While we were at Coyaba he shuttled another group to Dunns River and was back for us at the end of the tour. We knew that upfront and there were no issues - he was right on time!!

We did not go to the Beach with him so I can't comment on that.

L.A.S.T.

We chose against Peat Taylor because I had heard his private tours are not necessarily private as in your own group. When we were in port, we passed his bus which had at least 30 people on board. If you were looking at doing your own thing, I"m sure he could arrange it.

Anyway, we took Courtney Taylor and primarily did the beach...we had a 4 year old and 2 pregnant ladies so most of the touristy stuff was off limits. We did a short river tubing expedition first which was fantastic and then went to Bamboo Blu Beach. I was very, very happy with this beach, primarily because I had heard Jamaica is one of the worst as far as vendors go, and I HATE that while trying to relax. This beach appears to be privately owned (we had to go into a gate community next to the RIU to get there) and so there is only one person there selling massages. They asked once and then left us alone. The beach is not terribly huge but is also not busy at all. There appeared to be chairs for rent and also a few tented bed type areas. There is also a sit downish restaurant in the middle and very nice bathrooms. We spent about 2 hours there, which is usually plenty of time for me at the beach, but we wanted to stay longer at the end. The water was very clear and not rocky at all.

This is exactly what we want to do through Courtney Tours. We have booked the tubing with them and asked to be dropped off at a beach afterwards for lunch and couple hours of beach time. We are paying for their private transportation. They want to drop us off at Margaritaville but we have said no, we prefer Bamboo Blu. Did you arrange this beach drop off prior to your arrival or with your driver? Thank you, Cherie