Drink card

vacationmommy

This is our 1st sailing on Holland and I read about the drink cards that if you spend 90.00 you can get 100.00 or 45.00 for 50.00. When I go online to buy these it shows 50,100,250 is the discount price only if you buy on ship and not online? Sorry if this has been asked I was unable to find it.

This is our 1st sailing on Holland and I read about the drink cards that if you spend 90.00 you can get 100.00 or 45.00 for 50.00. When I go online to buy these it shows 50,100,250 is the discount price only if you buy on ship and not online? Sorry if this has been asked I was unable to find it.

HAL eliminated the discount on the $100 card. We used to buy it for $90. We still purchase a drink card just to make it easier to reconcile our onboard account without keeping loads of bits of paper each time we purchased a drink.

The beverage cards use to be "pay X and get XX" That is, for example, buy a $50.00 card for $45.00. That is no longer true, except for the $50.00 soda card (you pay $25.00 and get $50.00 worth of fountain sodas). Now it's you pay, say, $50.00 and get $50.00. I believe the cost is the same if you buy pre-cruise or onboard.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We always get the Beverage Cards -- so much easier to use. Once we get the new receipt, I throw out the old one. Plus they also subtract off the 15% service charge as well.

It doesn't make any difference whether you pre-order them or get them on the ship. If you pre-order them -- mark them to be "delivered at sea" -- reason being is if you sail out of Florida you will be charged Florida tax on top of the price of the card. Also if you pre-order them, they will have your name printed on the cards. We have always found the cards in the cabin when we boarded the ship.