Question re: Carnival stock and OBC

roohound

For about as long as I've been on CC, I've seen people talk about getting OBC from owning 100+ shares of Carnival stock.

I was looking around on the Carnival shareholder website it said

"The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2014 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date."

Am I correct in seeing that they doing away with the OBC for stockholders? Or am I missing something?

I agree, too :). We've had stock for about 10 years. We use a copy of our "proxy vote" page to get the OBC, instead of having to send in and black out area's of page's from our account, but you can use that statement, too.

It is voted on every year, but it's always renewed. Yea!

Just wondering how much OBC you get for owning stock. Is it based off of how much you own gives you a certain amount, or just "I own more than 100 shares, so I get X amount."

Must own at least 100 shares but no benefit for more shares than that.

Amount of obc based on number of days of cruise. $ 100 for 7-8 days.

Never took one shorter or longer than that so dont remember amounts for those.

Just wondering how much OBC you get for owning stock. Is it based off of how much you own gives you a certain amount, or just "I own more than 100 shares, so I get X amount."

$50 OBC for 6 days or less cruise length

$100 OBC for 7-13 days cruise length

$250 OBC for 14+ days cruise length

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

And it is good on any of the 6 North American cruise brands Carnival owns as well as it's European and Australian brands. They are listed in the PDF document in the link.

Edited by winddawn

I too have consistently used the shareholder OBC for the past 4 years. It is a nice stock perk. I did ask them a question the other day about if two people have the stock, does each person get the OBC. The answer was NO. The shareholder OBC is per cabin, not person. And yes, the amounts are correct.

I too have consistently used the shareholder OBC for the past 4 years. It is a nice stock perk. I did ask them a question the other day about if two people have the stock, does each person get the OBC. The answer was NO. The shareholder OBC is per cabin, not person. And yes, the amounts are correct.

If the adults owned the stock separately and cruised in two cabins they both get the obc.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody submitted in the last week or so. I submitted last Tuesday. I didnt see it show up yet. This is for a 7/5/14 sailing. Is it too early?

I usually wait til I've made final payment".....I've owned the stock since the 90s....it has paid for itself.....and I still have it!! Great little benefit..

Has anybody submitted in the last week or so. I submitted last Tuesday. I didnt see it show up yet. This is for a 7/5/14 sailing. Is it too early?

I've gotten a response very quickly - within a couple of weeks. So I think they may prioritize the requests for any more recent sailings. I also agree with barbatkins that waiting until after you have made final payment is best approach - still plenty of time between then and sail date. It will show up right on your boarding pass when you view it.

I faxed my stock information on Sunday for my Jan. 2014 15 night cruise to Hawaii and received my $250 OBC confirmation by 3pm on Monday. My third time to use the benefit and definitely worth the investment. That was the fastest I have received confirmation, and also the longest out. Odd isn't it??

It also states that the stock must be purchased by Feb. 28, 2014. I didn't realize there was a deadline to buy it, thought it just had to be purchased at least two weeks before the cruise.

Has anyone else noticed this deadline before? I thought it was good to puchase year-round and just submit two weeks prior to a cruise.

Well since I am right on the cusp of buying the 100 shares and today is the 28th..I'll wait a couple of days to see because it does say that Feb 28, 2014 that your reservations have to be made by.

It is still January ---- You have a month even if they impose the cutoff (which they haven't done that I am aware of)

• 2 years later...