Larger size family hotel recommendation

emandjennsmom

If you are driving to the Ft. Lauderdale port or Port of Miami, I highly recommend the Staybridge Suites in Plantation. It is 30 minutes from POM.

We had a two bedroom suite for $179 during Christmas week. It was fabulous. One bedroom had a king size bed and private bathroom. There was a living area with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, two burner electric stove top and included pots/pans and dishes. The adjoining living area offered a television and queen size pull out sofa. the second bedroom had a queen size bed. There is a second bathroom off the living area.

Sunday night-Thursday night there is a free simple dinner in the courtyard. There is a free hot breakfast every day. Publix is an easy walk across the road, as well as a wood oven pizzeria, nail salon, yogurt eatery and other establishments. My mother, my teenage daughter and myself walked to Publix and to the nail salon after dark. We never felt unsafe. BTW, the nail salon was huge and they were very fast and affordable.

The hotel was clean, affordable, safe and convenient to the port if you are driving. It is hard to find a hotel for six, but aside from having enough space, it was a great place to stay. We wished we had more than one night to enjoy the on site fire pit and outdoor pool area.

Oops one more thing... they have free washers and dryers for guests. We took the time to wash everyone's travel clothes for the trip back home.

• 8 months later...
If you are driving to the Ft. Lauderdale port or Port of Miami, I highly recommend the Staybridge Suites in Plantation. It is 30 minutes from POM.

We had a two bedroom suite for $179 during Christmas week. It was fabulous. One bedroom had a king size bed and private bathroom. There was a living area with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, two burner electric stove top and included pots/pans and dishes. The adjoining living area offered a television and queen size pull out sofa. the second bedroom had a queen size bed. There is a second bathroom off the living area.

Sunday night-Thursday night there is a free simple dinner in the courtyard. There is a free hot breakfast every day. Publix is an easy walk across the road, as well as a wood oven pizzeria, nail salon, yogurt eatery and other establishments. My mother, my teenage daughter and myself walked to Publix and to the nail salon after dark. We never felt unsafe. BTW, the nail salon was huge and they were very fast and affordable.

The hotel was clean, affordable, safe and convenient to the port if you are driving. It is hard to find a hotel for six, but aside from having enough space, it was a great place to stay. We wished we had more than one night to enjoy the on site fire pit and outdoor pool area.

Oops one more thing... they have free washers and dryers for guests. We took the time to wash everyone's travel clothes for the trip back home.

Thanks for your review..Looking at this place for March 2015 & they had decent prices.. What was served for the free simple dinner? Did they also offer free drinks?

Glad to hear you liked your stay..Thanks!

That Staybridge Suites is a lot further from the Port of Miami that 30 minutes. It is 30 minutes to Port Everglades in traffic.

Also, I would NEVER tell someone to walk around alone after dark not knowing the area. Whether or not they felt safe or unsafe has no bearing on whether or not it was a safe area.

Edited by BlueHerons