Deciding on aqua class rooms

Fisho

Hi everyone ,this will be our second cruise on celebrity the last one was on reflection (room 2160 awesome room and position),thinking of the Adriatic leaving Venice on the 3rd July,problem is there are no Sky suites left so have to choose from aqua class rooms , on the silhouette had the aqua suite on reflection and they were great ,but no aqua suites on silhouette.These are available

1648/44/43/41 or 1505/06/03

Does anyone have a preference to any of these ,

Or maybe one level is better than the other would really love some imput

Thanks heaps

We will be in 1503 for the 4th time this June on Eclipse to Baltic. We just love this Aqua cabin. It is at the very front, right beside the Relaxation Room, so you can nip in in your gown for the views, to grab a tea/coffee or get to the secret staircase directly to the pool. 1501 is just as good, but we prefer 1503 because the bed is next to the balcony - just a personal preference. There is virtually no passing traffic, it is very quiet at night, and you can see into the Bridge which we find interesting whilst docking and leaving port.

Hi everyone ,this will be our second cruise on celebrity the last one was on reflection (room 2160 awesome room and position),thinking of the Adriatic leaving Venice on the 3rd July,problem is there are no Sky suites left so have to choose from aqua class rooms , on the silhouette had the aqua suite on reflection and they were great ,but no aqua suites on silhouette.These are available

1648/44/43/41 or 1505/06/03

Does anyone have a preference to any of these ,

Or maybe one level is better than the other would really love some imput

Thanks heaps

I would go for any of these 1648/44/43/41 over 1505/06/03. You may encounter a lot of noise from the gym above you. The 16xx have cabins above you, so you shouldn't have any noise issues, plus you'll get sun on the balcony.

Re: your other cabin choice 1581, you will have the large overhang so no sun.

See if 1544 or 1546 are available. I was in 1544 and loved it. The beauty salon is above but absolutely no noise; and right near the elevators and stairs - also no noise.

Monica

Monica

Would echo Monica's comments and add a few other remarks. Celebrity used the Aqua Class concept to successfully market bad located cabins at higher prices. A majority of the AQ Cabins (ironically it is the more expensive class) are located directly under the pool deck and have their verandahs in the huge shadow of the overhang from that pool deck. For those that enjoy a shady veranda and like staring up at the superstructure rather then the sky...perhaps these are good cabins. But then you also have to content with any noise from above as passengers and pool staff move (and scrape along the deck) the loungers. So when we book AQ on the S-class ships we always opt for a cabin that does not have any public space above. This generally means the lower cost AQ2 cabins that are located towards the aft...where there is another passenger deck overhead. These cabins also have the advantage of being further from the huge overhang...so at least you get some sun and light :) We agree with Monica that some of the forward cabins (like the ones under the beauty salon) are another decent option.

Hank

We would recommend 1500-1510 as they are close to the relaxation room, the spiral staircase up to the spa and Persian gardens and have a great view of the bridge. We didn't have any noise on the Eclipse from above. We have also stayed in 1640-1662. These were quiet but a lot further from the spa etc. but as we had all these cabins noise was not an issue.

We have stayed on the extra deck/ converted area on the Reflection and found these OK. Sorry can't remember the numbers 12... something I think.

We like the overhang for shade on Med cruises as we travel in July and August.

Our Baltic cruise was so busy I don't think it would have mattered if we'd been bunking in a lifeboat as we hardly spent anytime in the cabin. We didn't even have time for room service.

Hi sorry update ,travel agent just rang to say 1581 aqua has become available

Would appreciate any information if anyone has stayed in this room

Thanks

I would check the cabin spreadsheet...some of the rooms have the crew door across the hall and/or a loud inttake/outtake fan on the balconies.

This room does have a cabin above...so noise from the pool area.

Wow thanks everyone ,now starting to think maybe the 1644/43 rooms might be better because I do like to have some sun so no over hang on theses cabins and sounds like they have cabins on top so no noise and the Cabin is $400 less

So again everyone thanks heaps

Wow thanks everyone ,now starting to think maybe the 1644/43 rooms might be better because I do like to have some sun so no over hang on theses cabins and sounds like they have cabins on top so no noise and the Cabin is $400 less

So again everyone thanks heaps

Good decision! :)

Monica

We will be in 1503 for the 4th time this June on Eclipse to Baltic. We just love this Aqua cabin. It is at the very front, right beside the Relaxation Room, so you can nip in in your gown for the views, to grab a tea/coffee or get to the secret staircase directly to the pool. 1501 is just as good, but we prefer 1503 because the bed is next to the balcony - just a personal preference. There is virtually no passing traffic, it is very quiet at night, and you can see into the Bridge which we find interesting whilst docking and leaving port.

I am glad to read this. Was considering that cabin at one time

Well, my way of choosing an Aqua cabin is quite different: when the price drops to near a veranda, I grab an Aqua. Any Aqua will do, as we like Blu, but some of the A2s are better situated than the A1s for us, at least. I can tolerate a lot, if the price is right:)