Freedom or Allure for Fishing Excursion?

I'm helping a friend plan her honeymoon. Her fiance has never been on a cruise and they are considering it as an option. Royal would be my suggestion (duh) and we live closest to Port Canaveral, but Ft. Lauderdale wouldn't be out of the question.

Aside from the differences in the ship, on which would we be able to find a better fishing excursion? That would be one of his biggest requests...

So...

Freedom Eastern (CocoCay; Charlotte Amalie; Philipsburg)

or

Allure Western (Labadee; Falmouth; Cozumel)

Non-ship excursions are ok.

We did a deep sea fishing excursion in Cozumel. It was very expensive but was well worth the money since our then 16 yr old said it was the best thing he has ever done. It was through the ship, only 6 people on each boat plus 2 deckhands and the boat captain. They dropped 6 lines and each person got a chance in the chair if a line hit. They would pull in all lines once something hit and they would work just the line with the fish. My son took his turn and the fish got off the line. My DH caught a small mahi mahi, I let my son take my turn and his fish got off the line again. Others on boat tried and failed too. On way back, one line hit and last person got the chair and started to pull that fish in. As they pulled in the other lines, one hit so they said someone could try to pull it in standing with a belt around their waist. Other family declined so my DS said he would try. Man in chair whined and whined how hard it was as he pulled in a small mahi mahi. My son, fought and fought with a deck hand holding him back so he wouldn't get pulled over the side as he was standing. He pulled in a 40 lb bull mahi mahi. Had a beautiful sail fin on the head. I love the picture we have of my son with this big fish and the man with his little fish.

If you do book it through the ship, if they still offer it, book as soon as you can as they only had 2 boats going out with a total of 12 people. The excursion desk had a waiting list for this excursion. We had booked online about 3 months prior to the cruise.

I'm not a fan of fishing in Cozumel. I've been out several times on deep sea charters and the boats never caught anything! I've tried at different times of the year an not much difference. The boats tend to be marginal and are not in the best state of repair. I tried charters organized by the ship as well as charters on my own and the results were the same. Many of the fishing crews did not seem very interested in fishing. The crews seldom checked the lines or switched to different lures or baits. I'd try bass fishing in Florida.