Sister Ships calling on Antigua

Martita B.

I noticed on Cruise Calendar this a.m. the Pride and the Spirit are both visiting St. Johns, Antigua ~what fun! Other ships in port are Carnival and Celebrity so St Johns will be packed with sailors ~

I've tried to find a live webcam but "no cigar."

Martita B

This is one of our stops and frankly, we are at a loss for what to do? I checked the PORTS board, and unlike most of our other stops, this is one, like you say, is tailored to the mass market crowds, which frankly, is why we are "concerned".

I know Antigua is known for its beaches. We have not had good luck hiring taxi drivers in the past, so would you suggest renting a car? A Seabourn excursion? We really dislike the crowded shopping areas that larger ports like this generally have, but maybe just outside of that there is an interesting place to walk to?

Any advice?

In the Caribbean I always take a Taxi ( of course, English speaking driver and good tires :D) and go to the grocery stores ~~as if I was hungry!:confused: I find so many different and fun items. And the grocery always has beautiful flowers to take back to the ship. I buy cookies, candy, chips, etc. for the Crew ~

As many of us have visited these ports so many times I never "tour."

Have lots of fun~and enjoy the warm Carib weather.

Martita B