Gravy on your tie? Lipstick on your handkerchief?

Martita B.

Sailor's~~~recently I discovered a travel "instant spot remover!" The brand is: Whink. It's a small handy-size stick and will remove chocolate, coffee, gravy, lipstick, wine, etc.

I bought a couple of sticks for unexpected spills, spots and stains! The stick is $3.99. Will be wonderful for an emergency.

Don't forget to pack your WalMart rubber doorstops! Or your colorful balloons! (for your in-suite underpinnings drying)

Happy Sailing!

Martita

Good morning Martha -

You spill on yourself - unheard of!!!!!!!

Here's a tip.(attention men)... I bring silk underwear (boxers)when travelling(is this too much information???) they can be washed out in the cabin & hung in the shower to dry quickly. They take up less room in the suitcase, dry quickly & feel oh so good!

as always - hugs to you Martha!

Rotty~~~OF COURSE, I never spill on myself! But, others, sitting by me do! I try not to sit by anyone eating beets, spinach or red salsa! Hot chocolate is on that list too.

Silk, huh? The balloon trick would be very quick drying for YOUR underpinnings!

Cha cha cha!

MB

Wish I could get this Whink stuff in the UK. Doesn't seem to be available here.

Something else you may want to add to the list if you're going somewhere hot. Came across it a few days ago. It's a cold water aerosol (CFC free) that you use to spray on yourself when you get too hot. What's different about it is that the contents come out cold however hot the place you've stored it. Taking some when I go to Egypt and the safari to Kenya. More info at www.magicool.uk.com. And it's a British invention (even though it's manufactured by a company called FranceMed). Great for us men, who don't have the ability to glow.

Norm2002: Might not have the WHINK stuff, but I'll bring you a couple products out of California, which should remove just about anything! They're offered by Magellan's , which, as they advertise, "America's leading source of travel supplies."

See you at the Sky Bar on the 28th of August. Looking forward to cruising down the Thames during the daylight hours.

Leonid

Leonid

I really appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I'm not actually sailing with you. :( Now they've brought forward departure, sailing down the Thames will be even better - the problem is the whole journey takes up to 3 hours so plan your dinner accordingly.

I think I'll try and get to the Pier on the day to say Hi to you and the other CC members sailing. I think I remember you're only flying in on the Sunday morning. Otherwise, maybe we could try to meet up while you're in London?

Regards

Norm

Being a "newbie" cruiser on Seabourn (Alexandria to Singapore this October) I must ask what the doorstop and balloons are for??? The clothespin is for the drapes? How does that work? Thanks for all your info. Jean

Jean~~~~WELCOME to our Seabourn family!

As to the WalMart rubber doorstops.....many years ago when my Mother and I 1st sailed on Seabourn this is what happened..... when I would go into our closet, the dern door would just WHAM shut on me......leaving me figuratively, literally in the dark! (you feel like you're in a cavern) From then on I would pack 2 black rubber doorstops. Also, they come in handy to jar your main door a bit if you're expecting room service or a friend to drop by. I still pack the doorstops.

Usually I'll give the other one to my neighbor.

The colorful balloons are for we ladies to dry our rinsed out underpinnings! Just take a few medium sized balloons......blow them up. Place them in your bath area. After rinsing out, just drape your panties over the balloons and guess what???? They are dry in minutes! Don't ask me why.....but it works! If your housekeeper mentions them, just say nonchalantly, "Oh those? They are for my dance routine tonight!" She won't say anymore.....

Again, we welcome you to Seabourn!

Martita

Norm: My wife & I will be staying at the Riverbank Park Plaza on the 26th & 27th. We're flying across the Pond on Virgin Atlantic on the 25th, which should be interesting. We have never been in London and would not miss it for the world! If you wish to stop by and say hello, we'll be registered under Mr. & Mrs. Leonard Schiller. Hope to meet you.

Leonid

Thanks, Martita, for your invaluable explanation! The balloon thing sounds intriguing. I never had a problem with drying my undies because they are nylon and dry fast in the bathroom but since this new technique has been tried and proven successful I shall have to give it a try. As for doorstops; guess I don't want to be shut up in the closet and miss all the goodies I hear are for tasting on Seabourn! Will I gain 20 lbs by the end of our 47 day sojourn?? Jean

Jean~~~You will LOVEEE the Spirit! And yes, be prepared to be spoiled rotten by all of the good foods, wines and the super Staff. They are THE best on the Seven Seas!

As to the silly balloons.....I don't take them anymore (just fun to talk about) as drying our delicates is not a problem.

You might indeed pick up your doorstops as they ARE handy......some suites, the closet doors do not slam shut.....other suites they do.

Another suite hint: Remove your chair under your dressing area....move it to the back by your big window/sliding glass door. Place one of your barrel type stools under your dressing table. The stool slides right under the tabletop. This trick allows for much more room at the foot of your bed.

I always will ask my sweet Housekeeper for a couple of oblong baskets.....to keep my makeup, etc. on my dressing table. These also come in handy.

What a wonderful voyage you have coming up......Seabourn is "life changing!"

Happy Trails and Sails

Martita B.

October 23rd can't come too soon!! Oh, one thing: books--should we bring a bunch of our own or is the library pretty filled with good up to date novels, etc.? I would bring paperbacks to leave there when we debark, of course.

Jean

Jean

The library has a good, but not large, selection. Not very up to date. If you have particular tastes, sensible to bring some paperbacks. I also left mine behind in the library when I left last time.

Look forward to meeting you on October 23 in Alexandria.

Jean~~~You may want to pack your own "in-suite" music CD's......

just nice to have easy listening music of your choice. Sound system is great!

I would pack a couple or so paperback books.....I know Guests trade with one another, as to their reading material and books.

Martita B.

Are you saying there is a CD player in the room? We don't have a laptop so using that to play CD's would not be possible. Martita, from all I've been reading here on CC I think I''m going to fall in love with Seabourn. I don't think I've read one negative thing said here about the three ships except maybe the lack of balcony.

Norm: I'm looking forward to meeting you. Just tell me where!!

Bose CD + radio in each suite. I think they were/are changing to DVD players although I don't know if this has happened yet.

I'll be at the Sky Bar on deck 7 (right at the top) as soon as I've unpacked and, as you're a newcomer, I'll buy the first round. :) PS The drinks are all free so choose whatever you want!

We have a lot of sea days on this cruise so you'll have plenty of time to investigate the Bar.

Are you flying into Egypt on the sail day or will you be spending some time there first? I'm hoping to do the Seabourn pre-cruise land excursion as I haven't been to Egypt since 1982.

Norm: We are flying into Cairo on the 20th because our TA goofed and put us in there a day too early. It's okay, though, since we haven't been there since '89 and I want to visit the Museum again. Only I wonder why we couldn't have gone right to Alexandria instead??! All those sea days are a little scary (the bar might get a little old!!!) But we'll certainly be happy to take you up on your offer of a "free" drink and will be most happy to reciprocate.

Bgood, I think the books on CD might be a very good way to pass some of those sea days. Maybe I'll look into it aaround here, first. Where in Fl. is Pembroke Pines? We are in Amelia Island. Jean

What a lovely place! You know the Pride comes to Fernandina Beach in October?

Pembroke Pines is about 25 miles north of Miami, west of Hollywood. I live about 5 miles from the western boundary of civilization (Everglades).

bgood

Yes, I know the ship comes into FB but we will be in Cairo or Alexandria at that time so I will miss seeing her. We have a daughter in Coral Springs, not sure if that is anywhere near you. Jean

Archived