Trouble getting transport Port Everglades to POM

Birdnutty

Hi. After reading many of these threads, and having done a bit of research myself, I've discovered that the main shuttle companies will not do a direct POE to POM run. It appears that there are now restrictions on all kinds of things. Latest investigations revealed that Go can't take you directly, unless you take a private car for $75 By the time you add gratuities, that's close about $90. Or, we can take a shuttle to the airport ($11 plus gratuity), then a shuttle to POM for $25 plus tip. Which comes to almost $90 once again, and is a lot more time, aggravation, moving of luggage, etc. Ouch!

Does anyone know of another way to do this that might be more economical and not too much aggravation?

Which car companies shuttle you from POE to their rental area? Was thinking that might be an option if there are locations not too far from the port. Any recommendations? But then there's the issue of getting to the port from wherever their drop off location is. Sigh.....

Hi. After reading many of these threads, and having done a bit of research myself, I've discovered that the main shuttle companies will not do a direct POE to POM run. It appears that there are now restrictions on all kinds of things. Latest investigations revealed that Go can't take you directly, unless you take a private car for $75 By the time you add gratuities, that's close about $90. Or, we can take a shuttle to the airport ($11 plus gratuity), then a shuttle to POM for $25 plus tip. Which comes to almost $90 once again, and is a lot more time, aggravation, moving of luggage, etc. Ouch!

Does anyone know of another way to do this that might be more economical and not too much aggravation?

Which car companies shuttle you from POE to their rental area? Was thinking that might be an option if there are locations not too far from the port. Any recommendations? But then there's the issue of getting to the port from wherever their drop off location is. Sigh.....

There really aren't any options unless you have eight hours to kill and want to take the Tri Rail.

My suggestion would be to just bit the bullet and take a cab. $90 with tip.

There really aren't any options unless you have eight hours to kill and want to take the Tri Rail.

My suggestion would be to just bit the bullet and take a cab. $90 with tip.

You can take a private town car for that or less.

A taxi from PE to FLL should run about $15 for the cab (not per person) and shuttle from FLL to POM is about $15 per person -- sounds like $45+tip total to me. :confused:

Check with Larry's Limos (often suggested fo Miami service) but you are not likely to save much on the private transfer fares you have already been quoted.

Is it true that the taxi rates to the airport are about $15 for the cab? The rate I quoted above for both legs is what Go Shuttle quoted, and that was per person. So yes, if the taxi to FLL is that amount, it is significantly cheaper to do it that way.

I'll have to do a little more research. If I come up with anything exciting, I'll repost.

Taxi fare (not per person like a shuttle) from PE to FLL is on the meter -- anything more than $15 and you've been cheated! You can almost see the airport from the port.

Some drivers will try to tell you there is a "minimum charge" of $20-25 -- just ask if you can invote the police officer standing by to clarify the fare issue and the driver will back down. :cool:

Looks like taxi, me then sas shuttle is the best deal with minimum aggravation. I checked out Howard's transportation, and he also was $75, if he picked us up before 7:30 AM. That would leave us waiting for over 3 hours at port of Miami with nothing to do.

A rental car from Sixt is about $35 to $40 and allows us the flexibility to stop off and buy supplies between cruises. All the other rental places were a lot more than that. If we weren't going to do a one way, it would be only $22!

But I have all my facts now, so I'm better educated. Thanks for all the help.