Champagne on embarkation

lovey1103

It was hit or miss on our cruise...found out lots (including us) didn't...but others did. Not sure what happened????????

We embarked Reflection in Civitavecchia on Deck 2, and I asked why no champagne? We were told it was up on Decks 4 & 5, and I can see why. It was too congested of an area to hand out the glasses of bubbly down there in that confined area.

Its a nice touch that I have not had on other cruise lines. To me it say 'the vacation has started-official'. Nice little touches are what makes a cruise special and differentiates between cruise lines. Unfortunately its the little things that the bean counters tend to cut without realising the impact these touches make.

We had it on our Alaska cruise last year. I love that extra touch and it was extra nice this time since my mom was with us and we got to toast to a wonderful vacation together.

As someone else said, it's that wonderful little touch that makes me love Celebrity so much. It really does say "Welcome aboard & have a great vacation!"

I also appreciate the cold cloths and drinking water when arriving back to the ship on a hot day of touring, or the hot chocolate on a cold day. Classy!

They had loungers out on the pier as well when we came back. I thought this was very nice and more than what was offered on our NCL cruises.

I also appreciate the cold cloths and drinking water when arriving back to the ship on a hot day of touring, or the hot chocolate on a cold day. Classy!

They had loungers out on the pier as well when we came back. I thought this was very nice and more than what was offered on our NCL cruises.

On our Med cruise last summer they had carpeting, easy chairs and sofas, and a portable cover so people could sit in the shade in this "lounge" area while enjoying their cold water or punch. You could see the looks of envy on the faces of the people returning to the Carnival ship docked beside us. Felt good knowing they must have been thinking to themselves: "I wish my ship did that!" :D

Edited by fortinweb