Equinox-4 in a room, what is best?

San01

Hi

Has any family stayed as a family of 4 in 1 room.

If so, what perhaps what would be best:

2 twin beds with 2 upper beds

or

2 twin beds, 1 upper bed and one sofa bed

Any advice appreciated

i have only cruised as a twosome so I don't really know.....but if it were me I would at least have a suite.....book one balcony cabin with an inside across the hall......that gives you two baths and a balcony.......every body needs space

Not familiar with the 194sq. Ft. Cabin that are suitable for four....

Sounds like you are two adults two children ??

Good luck......have a nice cruise

Hi,

Agree with you that 2 rooms are expensive. Cruised on equinox 2 years ago together with my teenage daughters, so we were 4 in the room (standard balcony). Yes it is very crammed especially in the morning. The bed setup was one double, the sofa was used as a single and another bed was pulled from under the sofa to make the second single bed. During the day the stateroom attendant did a very good job by clearing the 2 singles up i.e you get a proper sofa, then when coming back from dinner we would find the beds all setup. I found that having the balcony helped as one could stay there whilst others were preparing themselves.

We had four teens in one cabin (adults in another cabin). On Carnival, we had two twins (which the kids wanted as a king), a sofa, and an upper. I have two boys and two girls, and they would switch each night on which group got the king-size bed -- boys one night, girls the next. The two younger kids (one boy, one girl) loved the upper berth.

On Celebrity, we had two twins, a couch, and a trundle.

THanks for your replies

Do you think with having 2 upper births there would then be no sofa , this may save space for us?

Last year on Thomson we had 2 upper beds (my kids are 15 & 12), they were fine with this, at least it is out the way.

I am wondering with having the sofa as a pull out bed this could make the mornings very tight.

Hi

Has any family stayed as a family of 4 in 1 room.

If so, what perhaps what would be best:

2 twin beds with 2 upper beds

or

2 twin beds, 1 upper bed and one sofa bed

Any advice appreciated

The ship features 2 twin beds, 1 upper bed and one sofa bed.

All cabins have standard layout whether balcony or inside.

It's not like 2+2 insides on some other ships.

Link:

The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity: Eclipse and S-Class Ships Review in Pictures

It seems I have been mislead as was told that I could have an option for 2 upper beds, but it appears this is wrong.

It looks like they will be fighting between the upper bed and sofa.

Thanks for all replies

We had a balcony cabin with a double bed and the sofa/daybed and upper bunk. My boys were 16 and 14 and we got on fine. Just have to be organised getting ready for dinner but we decided what order we would get ready and managed no problem.

We have the same booked this year although the eldest will not be with us this time.

They swapped half way so they both got a shot on the top bunk. - Yes they were really that childish.

Get a royal suite! You will love it. Have done it 3 times when my Dad was alive with 4 (hubby and I and my parents). Hot tub on balcony and in room and on solstice class, there's a powder room too. If you can splurge it is so worth it roomy, butler service, and perks! That's where the 194 ft balcony is. Separate bedroom king bed, walkin closet and sofa in LR pulls out to a double. Stand up shower and hot tub in main bath!

Seriously you will love it!

Can't help with sleeping arrangements, but when my daughter (around 20), my sister and I shared a cabin, we found the solution to getting ready for dinner was to head to the steam room (MSC has some advantages although overall I prefer Celebrity) and then shower in the gym area. Sure beat 3 women using the small bathroom. Maybe one or more of the kids are old enough to send out to the gym for their showers?

Get a royal suite! You will love it. Have done it 3 times when my Dad was alive with 4 (hubby and I and my parents). Hot tub on balcony and in room and on solstice class, there's a powder room too. If you can splurge it is so worth it roomy, butler service, and perks! That's where the 194 ft balcony is. Separate bedroom king bed, walkin closet and sofa in LR pulls out to a double. Stand up shower and hot tub in main bath!

Seriously you will love it!

Grat idea, that's what we do, but two connecting cabins are usually less expensive than one RS.

To the OP, have you check the "suite guarantee"? I know it's a gamble, but the least you can get is a sky suite. Worth checking, hope everything works out for you. :)

We did a tour of cabins while on our TA last fall on the Equinox. They had a great family cabin which had a main area, a master bedroom and then a small bedroom also plus a sofa bed. The only drawback was it only had one bathroom. It was at the the bow of the ship and had a really nice balcony. No sure what the cost was but we were really surprised our spacious it was or how many of these they have.

In case only 1 bathroom is an issue, don't forget that the changing rooms at the pool/spa area have really nice showers. I use them all the time. Especially when sailing with the as$ grabber shower curtain bathrooms.

S class ships don't have curtains. All the showers have doors on them:)