RCL UK website - accessible cabins selection

Hi all,

It is just me or have RCI stopped showing accessible cabins on the UK website? I can no longer see if there`s any accessible cabins left on any given cruise and can`t compare the prices. After much clicking about managed to find a pop-up that says I have the ring them ? Anyone know if this is permanent or why has it changed?

Regards

L.

The UK website has recently been 'upgraded' :rolleyes:. ,you will have to ring I'm afraid. There is also no longer the facility to tick a box for the 55+ rates, well at least I haven't found it yet when I was checking prices yesterday for an Adventure cruise.:(

I always use the 'cruise calendar' search facility to review and select sailings of interest. By clicking 'book now' once the front page of the selected cruise is displayed a new page headed 'your cruise' should appear. This page includes check boxes to select accessible rooms and specify age over 55.

http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/findacruise/search/cruiseCalendar/home.do?cruiseCalType=cruiseCalTypeDest

Edited by C U Onboard
Link added

Since the upgrade, you cannot see them - there are little annoying changes like adding the flight on at the end etc

The other evening I managed somehow to get into the old version

I went in rccl.com/excursions and it let me into the USA new version -went to the bottom and changed USA to UK and it gave me the old version of the website in £ - see if that works and saves a call

I always use the 'cruise calendar' search facility to review and select sailings of interest. By clicking 'book now' once the front page of the selected cruise is displayed a new page headed 'your cruise' should appear. This page includes check boxes to select accessible rooms and specify age over 55.

http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/findacruise/search/cruiseCalendar/home.do?cruiseCalType=cruiseCalTypeDest

Hi Charles, I have never used that before , looks like a way through the back door to the old lay out of the website:). You learn something new everyday:D

I do not like the new layout, I was only just getting used to the other one:(.

Funny but the US site seems to be the same, I use tunnel bear to check US pricing.

Edited by heatherb1953

Hi Charles, I have never used that before , looks like a way through the back door to the old lay out of the website:). You learn something new everyday:D

I do not like the new layout, I was only just getting used to the other one:(.

Funny but the US site seems to be the same, I use tunnel bear to check US pricing.

Hi Heather, I agree the new layout does present some challenges but since I was born with an enquiring mind I can normally find a way to work around the crap ;)

Thanks everyone, I have tried Charles` suggestion but I can only see a tick box for 55+ :confused: Might try the USA version see if that`s still on the old version.

I was just getting used to the old website ! How am I meant to compare prices now hmm seeing as accessible cabins and normal cabins often price differently. I wonder how long until the call center will get annoyed with me :D

L.

Thanks everyone, I have tried Charles` suggestion but I can only see a tick box for 55+ :confused:

Have just checked the situation using your countdown clock cruise on 20 September and on the 'Your cruise' page, under the sub heading 'tell us about your party', the following selection choices are offered:

How many guests will be travelling in this stateroom?

Stateroom options?

Will guests in this stateroom require assistance with air travel?

Exclusive savings?

The stateroom options section has a check box to advise "I have a mobility or other disability and need an accessible stateroom". If such staterooms remain available the choices and prices will be shown on the next page entitled 'Stateroom'. Unfortunately, no such rooms are showing available at this time on this cruise.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Afterthought - I suspect you are only looking at the Cruise Calendar page linked in my original post. Ignore the 55+ check box shown there and click "book now" to move on to the "Your cruise" page I am referring to.

Edited by C U Onboard
Afterthought

I see what you mean now Charles, I have clicked on and did eventually get to the page you said. Many thanks for that .

Also thanks to setsail, the link you posted also worked - if you click on 'advanced search' from that page it brings up the old format. Off to sneak a peek at what`s left now :D

Wish they would just let things be.

L x

I also noticed that on the new webpage there isn't a facility to put a cruise on hold when going through the booking process BUT I discovered if you log into your My Cruise account and log out it takes you to the old home page so now I am back on familiar territory.:D

Edited by heatherb1953