Another ? about the Spas

Sparkysgal18333

For those use the spa services like massages and such during your cruise, about how much do you typically spent? This trip is a birthday gift of relaxation and I'm thinking of gifting spa treatments.

Thanks again.

Stephanie

Over $100 at least. Most spa services are over $150 unfortunately.

I almost always get the seaweed wrap because it combines the seaweed (a proven health treatment) with the massage - around $220. And don't forget that they automatically add on a 18% gratuity. It is pricey, but for the money I think it is OK - it is over an hour, more like 1 1/2. Spas anywhere are not cheap.

Once onboard they will offer specials, etc. that might save some money. Since we always have some OBC, I don't make any advance bookings.

For those use the spa services like massages and such during your cruise, about how much do you typically spent? This trip is a birthday gift of relaxation and I'm thinking of gifting spa treatments.

Thanks again.

Stephanie

I spent about 400.00+ on 3 services. They have a package deal where if you chose (3) services from a select menu you get 30%, 20% or 10% off each service. I thought it was a good value and enjoyed them very much. I chose the 75 minute on all so it could be less if you choose the shorter lengths of services.

This was on NCL's EPIC.

In November on the Gem there was a special for anyone who booked shore excursions (it was a coupon that came in the envelope with the tickets). It was a 30 minute hot stone massage, a foot and ankle massage and then either a facial or a mineral body scrub. I had the facial, I think it was $110? something like that.

It was really nice, You had to do it on a port day and I booked mine on the San Juan Day at 2:00, by the time I was done we were in San Juan, it really worked out well.

my wife loves to indulge in the shipboard spas. Our local facilities in the Albany, NY area can be much more than the ship. The equivalent of a fire and ice pedi is $90 up here, when it is $70 on the ship. She can have both the mani and pedi shipboard for not much more than the pedi if bought locally.

So for us, the ship spas are reasonable.