Royal Caribbean is now running background checks

Respect the laws like normal and productive citizens and follow your probation/parole rules and you wouldn't have had a problem.

I suspect that people who respect the laws like normal and productive citizens most likely don't have any probation/parole rules to follow in the first place. Just sayin'. ;)

I agree that this is not new and it's not RCI performing checks. RCI processes over 55,000 guests a week. This is not an expense that they could afford nor do they have the staff to handle it.

I had to start using my middle name with Delta several years ago. My boarding pass had to match my ID exactly (passport or DL). Guess RCI is now enforcing the same rule for the DHS.

Edited by cruisingator2

Where?
If you are convicted of public urination you won't be considered a sex offender, however, if you are urinating publicly, and the prosecutor decides to charge you with indecent exposure, and you get convicted, you may be.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I applaud these actions. I don't want to be cruising (with my daughter, mind you) with known"sex offenders" of any kind, or any other convicted criminals deemed by the government to be unworthy of cruise passage. You commit the crime, you do the time, and you suffer the additional consequences of those crimes. Just because you've served your sentence doesn't mean society welcomes you back with open arms.

Yes, but in reference to the sentence I underlined, please remember you very well may be sailing with an "unknown sex offender" so don't feel like you can let your guard completely down. Cruise ships are no different than any other place where large numbers of people gather. There might be some bad people who just haven't gotten caught yet.