Transfer to TA - 60 day window

güerejo

I have two reservation made directly with Celebrity. One I booked onboard and the other was booked from home using an open passages certificate that I purchased on board. I am literally just past 60 days since booking and found a great offer if I move the reservations to a TA. I know Celebrity only gives you the 60 days but I got to wondering ... Couldn't you cancel your reservation and rebook with the TA? I know this might be more complicated given the way I originally booked these two cruises, but am curious if anyone has experience with this? If Celebrity won't let me transfer I'm thinking I will make this argument, but not sure if they will budge!

I did exactly that a while back but 60 days hadn't passed. I don't see that as a problem for you unless final payment has been made. . I lost the OBC Celebrity offered but gained a larger OBC, paid gratuities, and something else which now escapes me. Maybe a specialty dinner. Lost my cabin, too, but part of the lure was to take advantage of a deal giving me a better category for less money. I was very pleased to say the least. Of course, the ship wasn't near full when I did this, so I knew I could easily rebook. Had a great cruise made even better by the savings I got. Edited by BosoxI

I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to the booking a cruise thing, but I had a similar issue last year. I booked my cruise myself through X with the intent to transfer it to a TA, but the TA was lazy and didn't get me her final offer until (long story) after the 60 days lapsed. the travel agent contacted celebrity and celebrity told The TA that I would have to cancel and rebook. So I ended up with a DIY booking that has actually worked out pretty well for me to price drops and the 123 go package and I've got a pretty good deal.

As for you I think you can cancel and rebook with no problem but I'm sure there are others who will respond with better advice. Call X and ask.

[quote name='güerejo']I have two reservation made directly with Celebrity. One I booked onboard and the other was booked from home using an open passages certificate that I purchased on board. I am literally just past 60 days since booking and found a great offer if I move the reservations to a TA. I know Celebrity only gives you the 60 days but I got to wondering ... Couldn't you cancel your reservation and rebook with the TA? I know this might be more complicated given the way I originally booked these two cruises, but am curious if anyone has experience with this? If Celebrity won't let me transfer I'm thinking I will make this argument, but not sure if they will budge![/QUOTE]

If it is before final payment you can cancel and rebook with no penalty but you will lose the OBC and lower deposit benefit from passages when you do. You will get a $100 refund from celebrity for the passages deposit. It might be worth it though, depending on the TA perks.

[quote name='miched']You have to be careful on what wording you use. If you cancel you will lose the cost of the certificate. You have to transfer it to another cruise to keep it.

🌴🍸🍻[/QUOTE]

If I transfer to another cruise and then back to the one I want, will the reservation date start over again?