Snorkeling

kitkat4622

Do you have a local dive shop? Many will have one day snorkeling classes which are wonderful to help newcomers feel comfortable on their first try. It is great for children. Have you ever been on an excursion when kids get scared or sick and scream and yell and then the parents demand that the boat take them back to shore?

Check it out.

I'm not a water person that much and I love snorkeling. I can swim but not that strong due to 3 shoulder surgeries. I absolutely LOVE snorkeling. We have our own pool in the backyard and I practiced some. It only took a few minutes to get the hang of it. I also have my own gear and snorkel vest that I take with me.

We saw a man teaching his wife how to snorkel in the pool on the ship. If you have your own gear, at least mask and snorkel, you can practice there.

• 3 weeks later...

As compozer said, I would see if a local dive shop offers a class. I went snorkeling a few times and did not like it that much. Then I took a class at my local dive shop and found out I was doing a lot of things wrong which were making the experience less enjoyable. Since then I love snorkeling as I know how to use my gear, free dive, and I am much more confident in the water. I know some people think it sounds silly but I would recommend a snorkeling class to everyone!

• 1 month later...

I just learned to snorkel this Jan. in Curacao. My husband bought me a mask, snorkel, and inflatable life vest for Christmas. I don't swim, but I loved it and would barely get out of the water. The vest made all of the difference. Also, a good fitting mask and the kind of snorkel that the water doesn't get into make all the difference. You'll love it. To see all of the colors and kinds of fish and the coral was so fantastic.