Posh Passes...on epic

How much are the posh passes and is it by day or by week??

Thanks

Posh Passes are by the week & I believe it's something like $59 or $60 per person. Passes are limited & depends on capacity if they are even available.

Edited by dlynn0366

How much are the posh passes and is it by day or by week??

Thanks

Just be to port early. I have 3 non suite in my group that need them. Hopefully we can get all of our roll call up there. On my last epic cruise it was amazing.

Does anyone know if the Posh area is non smoking?

I was initially tempted to say it was a non-smoking area, but I see now I could be totally wrong on that.

Going on EPIC #5 soon, and I don't recall ever once seeing a cigarette being smoked in Posh, or even the presence of ashtrays.

I'm usually quite observant, but now I'm clearly doubting myself . . . so I'll just go with, "Heck, I honestly don't know this one." :o

While we were on the Epic a month ago smoking was allowed but you had to ask the bar staff for ash tray and the staff would point to what corner you could sit and smoke. As a non-smoker I appreciated this. In my opinion the Posh passes were the best money spent the whole cruise. It is a relatively small space (36 loungers and bar stools) and that is great because you all get to know each other after the first day. Bar staff up there are awesome. Bar closes about 5pm but you can still stay and enjoy the view of the ship at night.

Posh is terrible! So not worth a penny!

It's $59 a week. It was not available during holiday cruises (I was disappointed I couldn't buy it for my NYE cruise).

I'm kidding of course. I just don't want word to spread too much about how great it is. When I go on my Getaway cruise in May, I'm planning on getting to the port before 10. I don't care if I have to wait; I want to be in boarding group 1 so I can be sure to get a pass for Vibe. I love the attentiveness from the bartenders, how you get to know the other people up there, and it's nice knowing I don't have to go searching for a lounger.

Edited by Chigirlcruzin

I was initially tempted to say it was a non-smoking area, but I see now I could be totally wrong on that.

Going on EPIC #5 soon, and I don't recall ever once seeing a cigarette being smoked in Posh, or even the presence of ashtrays.

I'm usually quite observant, but now I'm clearly doubting myself . . . so I'll just go with, "Heck, I honestly don't know this one." :o

Ha ha, I was about to post non-smoking as well. If there is smoking, it's not noticeable!

I believe that smoking is allowed at the Bar area only, if I am not mistaken.

I was thinking Nope no smoking in Posh & both times on the Epic I was in Posh everyday .....then I remembered one day getting a drink at the bar & there was this gentleman sitting there smoking & he said "I was a good looking woman"....there might have been more than tobacco in that cigarette or he had already established a large bar bill :D That though is the only time I can recall seeing anyone smoke.

Thanks for the answers on smoking!

Now I have another question :) If there are only 36 loungers and stool, do they only sell 36 passes? it would be disappointing to pay for access and not be able to find someplace to sit.

Actually, it would be 36 minus the number of suite passengers, wouldn't it?

I was thinking Nope no smoking in Posh & both times on the Epic I was in Posh everyday .....then I remembered one day getting a drink at the bar & there was this gentleman sitting there smoking & he said "I was a good looking woman"....there might have been more than tobacco in that cigarette or he had already established a large bar bill :D That though is the only time I can recall seeing anyone smoke.

I have a picture of myself and my fiance at the Posh Bar when I used to smoke. No More smoking! There are ashtrays at the bar for smokers. this was in November of 2011

I have a picture of myself and my fiance at the Posh Bar when I used to smoke. No More smoking! There are ashtrays at the bar for smokers. this was in November of 2011

Congratulations on the no more smoking :) I quit 16 years ago...I was one of those weekend smokers in that if I had a drink would have a cigarette. I was on the Epic 2012, 2013 & I'm on the week following you. I love Posh & this is what has made besides other reasons book the Epic for the 3rd time. I'm not sure if I will book again spring 2015 before it heads to Europe or maybe go back to doing an AI resort.

Yeah it's limited.

Now that we have the info lets get a mod to delete this thread, and if anyone asks lets all just say "I'm not really sure what your referring to" or "tried it once, sucks" deal? 1-2-3 break.

I like that idea! Thank you to everyone for the info. I think we'll get to the port early and try to make a dash to the guest services desk and try and get a couple passes for me and my hubby. It sounds like a great place to hang out and relax away from the madding crowds. :D

I like that idea! Thank you to everyone for the info. I think we'll get to the port early and try to make a dash to the guest services desk and try and get a couple passes for me and my hubby. It sounds like a great place to hang out and relax away from the madding crowds. :D

If you do snag those on arrival, and later head up there for sailaway . . . there are some once-only complimentary 'perks' to get your cruise off on a good foot. :D

Posh%20Sailaway%201-L.jpg

I may have [hypothetically] experienced one or four mimosas as the ship was leaving.

If you do snag those on arrival, and later head up there for sailaway . . . there are some once-only complimentary 'perks' to get your cruise off on a good foot. :D

Posh%20Sailaway%201-L.jpg

I may have [hypothetically] experienced one or four mimosas as the ship was leaving.

Also a pro tip is that ncl is an open bar during this time. You can order what you want during times that ncl is handing out booze in posh.

I just got off the Epic on January 18/14 and had a Posh pass. Yes, there was smoking (all over, not just at the bar... I had to move because a group sat right next to me on the loungers and all their smoke came right to me). I think they only sell 50 or so passes. None of my visits there were very long, but I never saw the area full. If it does fill up on the "downstairs" section, by the bar there is a staircase that goes to an upper section that had some chairs as well (no loungers or beds that I saw). It was much windier up there, though, the day I checked it out so I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be to stay up there for any length of time.

Two words: get them!

I'm on the Epic now,have wifi briefly,trying to update my blog, but briefly, I got to the terminal at 9, was in group one, and was already one of the last to get them. There's almost no one up there,it has a great view of the pool deck,sunbeams are awesome,and the bar staff and menu is great. Best $60 you'll spend on this cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk