Will the quantum have a promenade??

does anyone know if there is a royal promenade on the quantum of the seas? I ve looked at the model on the site but a lot still doesn't show what it will be. nothing looks like it would have space for a promenade.

Im trying to decide between the allure or oasis or quantum....weve been on the allure.

Anyone whos been on both can you remember the differences?

From Adam Goldstein;

Question

Is there a royal Promenade or neighborhoods on the Quantum, or something like that for parades?

Adam 19th April, 2013 at 11:55 am

Hi Tom, with Oasis class, we organized the ships into seven main themed areas providing guests with the opportunity to seek out relevant experiences based on their personal styles, preferences or moods. With Quantum class, we have evolved our design to focus on Transformative Spaces. These groundbreaking venues will be able to marry new innovations with significant architectural design elements and create spaces that guests can enjoy from morning to night. Because these venues will evolve throughout the day, there is always something new to experience.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/sharing-the-outstanding-features-on-quantum-of-the-seas/

From Adam Goldstein;

Question

Is there a royal Promenade or neighborhoods on the Quantum, or something like that for parades?

Hi Tom, with Oasis class, we organized the ships into seven main themed areas providing guests with the opportunity to seek out relevant experiences based on their personal styles, preferences or moods. With Quantum class, we have evolved our design to focus on Transformative Spaces. These groundbreaking venues will be able to marry new innovations with significant architectural design elements and create spaces that guests can enjoy from morning to night. Because these venues will evolve throughout the day, there is always something new to experience.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/sharing-the-outstanding-features-on-quantum-of-the-seas/

In other words, no, not as you now know it. More likely (based on the deck plans) to be a meandering street of shops/clubs/and entertainment flex space. It does not look like there will be any interior cabins that open into that space, and the deck plans seem to show it existing on only two decks, so probably not likely that there will be the 4-story high open space of a promenade either.

does anyone know if there is a royal promenade on the quantum of the seas? I ve looked at the model on the site but a lot still doesn't show what it will be. nothing looks like it would have space for a promenade.

Im trying to decide between the allure or oasis or quantum....weve been on the allure.

Anyone whos been on both can you remember the differences?

What is the big secret,no Royal Promenade would be a deal breaker for me.Bumper cars really sounds like a Disney ship.:(

the royal promonade especial in bad weather. It is my favorite feature of any ship that has it. Not a deal breaker but I do like it. I'm sure, the new venues on the Quantum will have something desirable, well we hope. RC seems to do a great job in cruiser likes and options for, well most things.

Edited by north29

Royal Caribbean has already released a statement that the Quantum will NOT have a Royal Promenade.

The FAQs say there will be.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/Quantum_FAQs.pdf

Will there be a Royal Promenade?

Yes, another signature venue guests can expect on Quantum is the Royal Promenade. Details on this space will be revealed at a later date.

The FAQs say there will be.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/Quantum_FAQs.pdf

Will there be a Royal Promenade?

Yes, another signature venue guests can expect on Quantum is the Royal Promenade. Details on this space will be revealed at a later date.

So very interesting.

That .pdf also says that smoking is allowed on balconies.

:D

What is the big secret,no Royal Promenade would be a deal breaker for me.Bumper cars really sounds like a Disney ship.:(

And there it is...another new Royal Caribbean ship being called "Disney"; but all the new innovations that have appeared on cruise ships recently have largely come from Royal Caribbean with everyone else playing catch up...shouldn't we be calling it "like a Royal ship", now? ;):D

Except for the water coaster which is normal since all ships that attract families have some sort of water fun, I don't see Disney ships ever having rides like bumper cars or even tea cup rides. It's all about disney entertainment. With that said, I could take or leave the bumper cars too, but kids will love it and will most likely be a hit. It will be sad if there is no RP because it is unique to RCCL ships.

We will have to wait and see. There are so many secrets with this ship. Maybe they will come up with something that will be equally as good.

And there it is...another new Royal Caribbean ship being called "Disney"; but all the new innovations that have appeared on cruise ships recently have largely come from Royal Caribbean with everyone else playing catch up...shouldn't we be calling it "like a Royal ship", now? ;):D

Not really. Virtual balconies started as vitual portals started by disney. Characters on board started by disney. I can't think of one thing disney got from RCCL. NCL also took a page from disney with the fireworks. I don't understand why anyone would compare the two anyway. IMO RCCL and Disney are the two best lines in the industry both offering a unique cruise experience. I love them both.

Not really. Virtual balconies started as vitual portals started by disney. Characters on board started by disney. I can't think of one thing disney got from RCCL. NCL also took a page from disney with the fireworks. I don't understand why anyone would compare the two anyway. IMO RCCL and Disney are the two best lines in the industry both offering a unique cruise experience. I love them both.

Disney also has a completely different Style of dining also.

So very interesting.

That .pdf also says that smoking is allowed on balconies.

:D

And the pools are not heated :confused:

Will the additional indoor pool on Quantum be heated?

No, the indoor pool will reflect similar temperatures found at other pools on Quantum.

What about the Solarium ??

I just called RCCL and was told the Quantum does indeed have a Royal Promenade Deck. I was very happy to hear this, as it's one of our favorite places to hang out! ;)

I think it will have a Promenade...just not one like we know now;).

There is a big difference between a Promenade deck and a Royal Promenade. Every ship we've ever been on has a promenade deck of some kind. Some HAL ships have three (lower, promenade, and upper).

Based on the deck plans, the indoor dining/entertainment area will have an entirely different look and feel than the Royal Promenades on Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships.

From Adam Goldstein;

Question

So there is a royal promenade

So there is a royal promenade

I do not see that in his response - in fact, he goes out of his way to not answer that question. He talks about an evolution...that generally means change. So yes, I do believe there will be something that resembles the Royal Promenade, but I don't think it will be like what we are used to;). Hopefully it will be as good or better:D.

I do not see that in his response - in fact, he goes out of his way to not answer that question. He talks about an evolution...that generally means change. So yes, I do believe there will be something that resembles the Royal Promenade, but I don't think it will be like what we are used to;). Hopefully it will be as good or better:D.

I agree. I bet something is called the Royal Promenade but it's different in some significant way.

There will most likely be a space similar to a Royal Promenade. If you look at deck plans there is a shopping area similar to what is found on the Celebrity Solstice class. I'm sure Royal Caribbean won't give up the Royal Promenade design altogether, but it will be different.