Eastbound TA's

Gracie115

The person asked for opinions, just because their opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't mean there's wrong, or yours is right. Everybody has different views and requirements when the form an opinion and shouldn't be subject to ridicule or unnecessary attention.

It's not a statement of fact, it's just how that person feels on a subject.

Absolutely correct....if we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world!!!!:D:)

Our first TA was eastbound. We had a three hour time advancement flying to Ft. Lauderdale, from Phoenix. Then we turned the clock ahead an hour on six of the next 8 days. It was brutal. We like doing alot of the activities and the time it starts doesn't change with the change of the clock.

Last year we did westbound and it was wonderful, turning the clock back an hour, six times, was great. Flying to Europe, over night, we were able to catch a few hours sleep, plus we went in the day before. When we got on the ship the next day, we were ready to go.

I can actually see where flying from the west and immediately getting on a TA could be EVEN more tough...luckily I live in Florida so only have the difference between Europe and Eastern US to deal with!!!

Which ship will you take?

Not sure since the itineraries aren't out there yet. We are trying to decide if we want to debark in England or Rome....We like both the M & S class ships, though I think perhaps on a trip with that many sea days the S might be better just because it IS bigger and more choices/options of things to do...but if the itinerary for the M class is the one we decide on we'll be happy too....but will have to wait till Mar/April to find that out!!!:)

Yes, but we aren't just doing the cruise. We intend to have at least a week on mainland of Europe...and when we fly home we will be ready to come home and hopefully tired enough that we sleep most of the way on that long ass plane ride.....
Lucky you! It is great being able to look forward to that upcoming European vacation on an eastbound cruise, whether it is going to be a land vacation or another cruise or a river boat trip, or a combination.

I think I would be in tears if we arrived in Europe and had to turn around and come right back home.

The ideal thing is to cruise over and back! I think most of us would agree on that.:)
Yes indeed. That is why some passengers cruise one way on Cunard just to avoid needing to fly across the pond.

It would be great if Celebrity offered some round trip TA itineraries from the USA that included vacation time in Europe before returning.

Conversely for Europeans, the round trip TA cruises could coordinate with vacation opportunities in the western hemisphere.

We know that there are already some fortunate Europeans who take a westbound TA in the fall, cruise around the Caribbean all winter and then return home on the eastbound TA in the spring.

So there are probably also some fortunate passengers from the western hemisphere who do the reverse.

But most of Celebrity's TA passengers would need ships that went back and forth across the pond at more frequent intervals, allowing for differing choices of vacation options between the crossings.

Just dreaming! :)

I was hoping to book while on my cruise next week, guess I will have to do an open passage though I think the benefits are lower than making a true booking. Why are some 2015 itin available and others not?

Itineraries are out up to early April 2015.:confused: