Helicopter tour in Kauai

HRPro

Think I might be canceling my helicopter tour... too many crashes on the news lately.

You're still more likely to be killed going to a flight than during a flight.

Actually a helicopter can more easily make an emergency landing than an airplane. An airplane has to be flying forward but a helicopter can safely land more vertically with little to no forward motion and in a much smaller landing zone.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I would love to hear more from you or anyone else about the experience of a doors off helicopter tour. My DH wants to do a helicopter tour in Kauai and is a photographer so doors off seems like the way to go but it's my first helicopter ride and I'm scared enough without taking the doors off so I would love hearing from people who have done it.

I haven't flown in a sightseeing helicopter but have flown many times in helicopters without doors. It is safe but maybe not recommended for anyone who is too scared before flying. Helicopters are much more maneuverable & can safely land in places that airplanes cannot & I'd recommend a helicopter tour...it's like a magic carpet ride. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer