key west question?

La Princesa

last time I was in key west I was in the train or conch train and it passed by a really pretty section that had stores and the water was right there . There were some ships etc.. I dont know were this is at? We took the ride and this seemed to be one of the last stops before heading towards the cruise ship. I had never being in this side of town before and dont know were it is or what it is.. From what I can remember they were selling keyline pies and it was a famous place for that and there were other stores. i would like to go there again. Does anyone have any idea where is this place in key west? thanks

That sounds like the intersection of Greene St and Elizabeth St. Right there on the corner is Kermit's, the famous key lime pie shop, and across from it is the Conch Republic Seafood Company and docks where many charter boats tie up.

last time I was in key west I was in the train or conch train and it passed by a really pretty section that had stores and the water was right there . There were some ships etc.. I dont know were this is at? We took the ride and this seemed to be one of the last stops before heading towards the cruise ship. I had never being in this side of town before and dont know were it is or what it is.. From what I can remember they were selling keyline pies and it was a famous place for that and there were other stores. i would like to go there again. Does anyone have any idea where is this place in key west? thanks

Was going to say 'sorry I don't, but been there' .... and then I saw the other poster mention the streets and Kermits and I think that is exactly where you are talking about! When we were in Key West the last time (on a cruise ... also been there on land vacations) we rented an electric car and it was a blast! We were ALL OVER the island and had so much fun. We stopped at Kermits and even got my picture taken with the guy out front holding the pie! If you go, definitely stop there .... it's so much fun and the pie store is awesome with all sorts of things in there. Someone talked us into a 'frozen chocolate key lime pie on a stick' .... the thought didn't appeal to either of us, but everyone there was raving about it so we got one! DELICIOUS!!! They also have a cute little sitting area out back with a little 'grotto pond' type place ... definitely recommend it! :)

That sounds like the intersection of Greene St and Elizabeth St. Right there on the corner is Kermit's, the famous key lime pie shop, and across from it is the Conch Republic Seafood Company and docks where many charter boats tie up.

I agree with Paul. That sounds like the area for sure.

Mike:)

Was going to say 'sorry I don't, but been there' .... and then I saw the other poster mention the streets and Kermits and I think that is exactly where you are talking about! When we were in Key West the last time (on a cruise ... also been there on land vacations) we rented an electric car and it was a blast! We were ALL OVER the island and had so much fun. We stopped at Kermits and even got my picture taken with the guy out front holding the pie! If you go, definitely stop there .... it's so much fun and the pie store is awesome with all sorts of things in there. Someone talked us into a 'frozen chocolate key lime pie on a stick' .... the thought didn't appeal to either of us, but everyone there was raving about it so we got one! DELICIOUS!!! They also have a cute little sitting area out back with a little 'grotto pond' type place ... definitely recommend it! :)

Ooooh, the frozen key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate is so good. We also were hesitant to try it the first time but have it every visit now. We love Key West. :)

We've been to KW several times -- trinket shops and bars. My husband says Kermit's frozen chocolate covered key lime pie is the only reason to get off the ship.

Kathy

I know our name still says Boston but we moved from their to Surfside Beach last october, we rented a beach house for the winter and are curreently looking at houses in Murrells Inlet.

Louis and Margo