Pre-sail Wine buying; bringing beer onboard

I don't think you are "officially" allowed to bring beer onboard, but we have done it in our checked luggage, along with a soft sided cooler, on both our Century cruises. Our room steward had no problem keeping the cooler filled with ice for us! The little mini fridge doesn't do a very good job of keeping it cold. I'm not sure what you mean by your wine question. If you bring your own wine onboard and want to have it for dinner there is a corkage charge.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Celebrity says you cannot bring alcohol on board! However, for some reason, they seem to consider wine another story. We have always taken it on board with us for both the cabin & dining room, never had a problem---but many other people have done so & had it taken away! In Feb, we pulled an entire carry-on full of booze & wine, plus a case of coke and a case of bottled water!!! Walked & "rolled" right on board-no questions asked!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Sounds like the luck of the draw to me. We are also going this summer and had the same question. Planning to purchase some wine and other beverages of choice in Vancouver and putting in rollon carryon. Hope this works!

We pre-purchased wine on-line for our last Celebrity cruise. However, the menu is larger once you get onboard. I am not familar with a Package Deal, but have heard that some cruise lines do offer such a deal. We too packed a few bottles of wine which we knew we could not purchase on board; blends and favorites. I also pack some Liquor in Poland Springs bottles and bring some small nips as we like different drinks.

Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04

Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003

Carnival Legend 4/11/2003

Carnival Pride 2/23/2002

Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001

Grand Princess 3/2001

Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000

Sea Princess 2/22/1999

Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998

Celebrity Century 3/1997

Celebrity Zenith 11/1996

Legend of the Seas 6/1995

Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

We were on the Zenith last year in South America, and did not have a problem bringing wine on board for drinking in our cabin.

I just booked the Infinity for Jan 3rd, and ask about that issue, and they told me no problem.

Merriem

Thanks for the feedback so far. With the pre-sail wine buying ... here's the deal. We sailed with Holland last summer (bummer), but as we were boarding, we could pre-buy either 5 or 7 bottles of wine to drink with meals. I think we paid $80 for 5 bottles. The wine was OK, but most definitely alot cheaper than our overpriced!! favorites. Does Celebrity do anything like that.

Thanks!

CounselorCruiser

Archived