Orlando to Port Everglades

tigerwilf

Hi, I have read somewhere RCI have a shuttle from Orlando to Port Everglades. This sounds like a great idea as you don't have to check your bags in at the port once they are on the bus. Unfortunately I can't find the site I read this on, has anyone used this service. If not can you recommend a good hotel close to the port so we can drive down the night before. Thanks

I don't believe there is a shuttle.

I rented a car from Alamo in Orlando at one of the Disney hotels and drove from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale the morning of my cruise on the oasis. Left around 6:30am and returned the rental to the Alamo at Fort Lauderdale airport just after 10am. Alamo offers a free shuttle to the pier too. I found driving in the morning versus the night before a little more convenient. No traffic!

If you're gong the night before plenty of hotels to choose from. Most charge for parking. Good luck!

Hi, I have read somewhere RCI have a shuttle from Orlando to Port Everglades. This sounds like a great idea as you don't have to check your bags in at the port once they are on the bus. Unfortunately I can't find the site I read this on, has anyone used this service. If not can you recommend a good hotel close to the port so we can drive down the night before. Thanks

Another good thing to do is post this on the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Royal Caribbean does have a shuttle that goes from Orlando (MCO) to Port Canaveral but not to Port Everglades. Orlando to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) you would be better off renting a car or better yet fly into Ft. Lauderdale airport (FLL).

We do this all the time. Either way from Orlando to south Florida or vice versa. Rent a car. Back in November I had a full size car from MIA to Orlando. $32 including all fees. Just keep watching their rates.

Edited by HouCplCruise

In the near future (2015-2017 depending on if you're optimistic or pessimistic), you will be able to hop on a train.

All Aboard Florida is opening a train from downtown Miami to Orlando Int'l Airport with stops in Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.

If Port Canaveral is smart they will beg, borrow, and steal to get a station put in where the train turns from alongside I-95 to follow the 528 to OIA.

You will be able ride in comfort without worrying about traffic. Wifi, food, bathrooms, etc. all at your disposal.