Sapphire beach or Trunk Bay?

Derbie

My husband and I spent one of the greatest days ever in November 2013, at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas. I saw a picture of Trunk Bay and it looks like Heaven. We are heading back on a cruise in a couple of months. I know there is time spent getting to the ferry, then the trip over to St. Johns. We will be in port from 8-4 pm. What do you all recommend?

The dive center and restrooms have closed at Sapphire for an indefinite period. So unless you're willing to sit on your towel and not have restrooms Sapphire isn't a great option right now.

St John is a great idea, taking a taxi to Red Hook and the 20 min ferry over is very easy to do on your own. You can add an island tour for about $25pp. Trunk is beautiful but can get crowded because it's one of the major ship excursion destinations. Cinnamon is another option.

Figure about an extraa 1.5 hrs getting to STJ and back, and with just 8 hrs in port that eats into the 7 hrs available. For a STT beach alternative to Sapphire where you'd have 1.5 hrs longer to relax Secret Harbor is our second choice with a restaurant.

But Trunk is beautiful and worth the effort, and on a nice day the trip there and back is also enjoyable.

Edited by blue_water