Specialty coffees...what is good?

Esmerelda

Ok, so in all of my sailings, I've never ordered any of the specialty coffee drinks that normally are presented along with the dessert menu in the MDR or say Chops, Giovanni's, etc.

Things I can recall: Royal Delight, Irish Coffee, Kioki Coffee...and more that I can't remember. My hubby and I truly love coffee but have never ordered any of these. Many times I'm just too full to order dessert so I just have plain coffee but have often wondered if these are any good. Also, one more question, are these included in any of the drink packages? I did not see them listed anywhere or notice anyone mentioning them.

Thanks for all help,

:)

I'm not 100% sure, but I would guess that alcoholic coffees are included in the Ultimate package, since that includes specialty coffee and cocktails. Possibly also included in the Premium package as long as the coffee part is regular coffee and not something like expresso. However, the best way to know is to wait until you are on the ship to purchase, and ask then.

Thanks Bob, your input is always helpful.

So does this mean you haven't ever ordered any of them either? LOL...

:p

My wife likes to have something called a Royal Coffee. I don't know what's in it, except it's alcoholic, and has got whipped cream on top. I think it was in the $6 to $8 range.

Edited by clarea

I'm not 100% sure, but I would guess that alcoholic coffees are included in the Ultimate package, since that includes specialty coffee and cocktails. Possibly also included in the Premium package as long as the coffee part is regular coffee and not something like expresso. However, the best way to know is to wait until you are on the ship to purchase, and ask then.

And any coffee with out alcohol should be included in the replenishment package... right? I'm still trying to get this straight in my head before our next cruise.

And any coffee with out alcohol should be included in the replenishment package... right? I'm still trying to get this straight in my head before our next cruise.

Well, this is Royal you know. Nothing is going to be clear and unambiguous.

I would say expresso, cappucino, and latte would be included in the Replenish package on ships other than Oasis and Allure. However if you go to the Starbucks venue on Oasis and Allure, I'll bet there are drinks there that are not included. You would probably have to go to another coffee bar on Oasis and Allure to get specialty coffee covered by the package.

Edited by clarea

We've had Royal Delights and really love them!

If they aren't included in a drink package, but you can get both specialty coffees & alcoholic drinks, we have a tip on making your own. We love getting lattes (sp? - I have had a drink or two today, so I'm not sure!) in the Concierge Lounge and then pouring in about half a Manhattan! We're not even really coffee drinkers, but this is more an excuse for a sweet, yummy drink! You could do the same with drinks from the bars.

Enjoy!!

Edited by ktbr11crs

Thanks for the replies. We have never been in the CL on any cruise, just Emerald here for now. I was just curious as we are big coffee drinkers but just had never ordered any of these. I may have to try one for sure next time we sail.

:p

Edited by Esmerelda

I'm getting the Replenish package and wonder if your tried any of the "premium coffees or teas" and can share what you tried and if you liked them....also why were they premium?

I'm getting the Replenish package and wonder if your tried any of the "premium coffees or teas" and can share what you tried and if you liked them....also why were they premium?

I have actually never tried any of the specialty coffees. But since the package includes frozen non-alcoholic drinks I think that I, too, am going to by the Replenish package as I feel I can get my money's worth. And then I may do some experimenting with the various specialty coffees and see how I like them.

I don't want to hijack the thread but am curious as to whether the diamond coupon for free specialty coffee in the specialty restaurants includes the alcoholic drinks? Always assumed it could be used for the simple cappuccino, latte etc.

I love the Royal Delight, and of course Irish Coffee.

I don't remember what is in the Royal Delight, but you can make Irish Coffee at home....just add Irish Cream to your coffee....I think they use Bailey's on board.

I don't want to hijack the thread but am curious as to whether the diamond coupon for free specialty coffee in the specialty restaurants includes the alcoholic drinks? Always assumed it could be used for the simple cappuccino, latte etc.

It's just for the cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc. Not the REALLY good coffees of which the Coffee Kioki is my favorite. Or, you can also ask for Bailey's and coffee.

It's just for the cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc. Not the REALLY good coffees of which the Coffee Kioki is my favorite. Or, you can also ask for Bailey's and coffee.

OK, I'm interested, just what is a "Coffee Kioki".

I read somewhere that on the Freedom there isn't a Starbucks "restaurant" but there is a section of one of the places that has a Starbucks area. I'm hoping many of those coffees are considered "Premium" for the "Replenish" package. Does anyone have information about that?