Ruby, Lobster on 5 day in MDR?

ecec

Hello, sailing on the 5 night Ruby on Jan 27 with one formal night. I'm wondering if lobster is served in the MDR? From reading or her posts, it sounds like it is served in the speciality restaurants, which restaurant is best?

Thanks so much!

It was not served on our 5-day. They do have "surf and turf," which has four very large shrimp. I think most people would recommend the Crown Grill for the lobster. Also, the best nights to skip the dining room are the third night and to a lesser extent the fourth.

Crown Grill is always my favorite--they have small lobster tails most nights to have as an entrée or to add to your entrée--remember--there is a fee for dining in the Crown Grill.

Safe Travels

Nancy:D:D

Crown Grill is always my favorite--they have small lobster tails most nights to have as an entrée or to add to your entrée--remember--there is a fee for dining in the Crown Grill.

Safe Travels

Safe Travels

For whatever reason our table waiter was overloaded, and we were left sitting with water and bread for over 35 minutes with the waiter apologizing that he wasn't able to get to us. Our purchased wine remained un-served. We went to the Crown supervisor to point out our waiter was overloaded and could he get him some help and were told three times to go sit down and wait. We placed our napkins on the table, retrieved our wine from the ice bucket and walked out after such rude treatment. The Maitre 'd made up for it after we explained by comping us dinner in Sabatini's where we had outstanding service and attention.

They do have "surf and turf," which has four very large shrimp.

That's a new cheapening of the "surf and turf" experience since it used to have lobster instead of shrimp. I wonder if this is on all ships or just with these five day voyages.

That's a new cheapening of the "surf and turf" experience since it used to have lobster instead of shrimp. I wonder if this is on all ships or just with these five day voyages.

Lobster is expensive to serve, and a lot of people make it a "pig-out" night, so I can see how Princess might cut back on this.

On one cruise we took we had "prawns" with our surf and turf. Many of us agreed that we probably enjoyed the prawns more than we would have enjoyed the lobster. However, on this cruise is was just plain, ol' shrimp and not as good.

I really think the availability of lobster depends on whether they can buy it as a reasonable price. If so, they serve it. If not, it's shrimp or prawn time.

Was very disappointed with the lobster the last time we had it on Princess. So much so, that we decided we wouldn't order it again. To us it was tough and tasteless, possibly due to it being frozen.

Was very disappointed with the lobster the last time we had it on Princess. So much so, that we decided we wouldn't order it again. To us it was tough and tasteless, possibly due to it being frozen.

Agreed, it was just awful mush on my last cruise. The prawns served with it were wonderful though, I would rather have had double of those. They can keep the lobster!

Karen