Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

However, it is best to give the price of a fountain soda since cans are not included in the package. I don't know the price of a fountain soda or I would post it.

I never knew you could purchase a single fountain soda.:confused:

Disappointing to see both Guinness and Boddingtons are excluded from the premium package. Both are under $6 so it can't be to do with price.

Anyone know why they are excluded?

I'm not 100% sure those beers are excluded. The beer menu with with asterisks next to the beers that are excluded was made for the original beverage packages. I'm not sure those menus still apply to the packages in their current form. The best way to find out is to wait until you are onboard to purchase, and ask one of the bar staff.

I'm not 100% sure those beers are excluded. The beer menu with with asterisks next to the beers that are excluded was made for the original beverage packages. I'm not sure those menus still apply to the packages in their current form. The best way to find out is to wait until you are onboard to purchase, and ask one of the bar staff.

That gives me a little hope. We already have premium package as part of the cruise price.

We too are wondering what to do. (IOS in February) I think that I will do the Replenish Package...but still am confused about non alcoholic drinks.....do those include the frozen drinks??? Every other package specifies frozen drinks (not worried about any glasses). I like the idea of having everything paid for before we go though.

We too are wondering what to do. (IOS in February) I think that I will do the Replenish Package...but still am confused about non alcoholic drinks.....do those include the frozen drinks??? Every other package specifies frozen drinks (not worried about any glasses). I like the idea of having everything paid for before we go though.

Here is what I receivecd to email questions I sent RCCI. The answers are in darker blue. Hope it helps! :)

"Are virgin frozen drinks included in the package such as virgin Piña

Coladas and virgin Strawberry Daiquiris? What other non-alcoholic drinks

are in the package? Would all on the mixed drink menu BUT without alcohol

be in the package?

Yes. All non alcoholic cocktails are included.

What Frozen drinks are in the package? The information says “. . .

frozen drinks, non-alcoholic cocktails” or are they one in the same?

This is the same.

Edited by Tropicalgal2

We just got back from the Jewell and used the RR package-We found it to be very enjoyable. The following is what we averaged per person a day.

3-4 cups of coffee a day-which included , frapachino, lattes, cappuccinos,Americana, and teas. This was the best part of package. The last day we had to drink regular coffee-Blaaa

3 botles of water per day-for gym and bringing on shore.

2 sparkling waters (Pierre and Peligro) with diner and on our balcony

1 or 2 Fresh orange juice with breakfast in dining room or WJ-awesome-regular orange juice tasted like tang and plastic

We did not have any frozen drinks but they were available.

Edited by harry0

Does any one here recall whether the Cafe Promenade on Oasis and Allure serves any specialty coffees like latres and cappuccinos or are they limited to Starbuck's on those two ships which, of course, is not covered in the Replenish package.

Just an easy question from one who does not drink many cocktails. The Premium package lists call and premium cocktails. What is a "Call Cocktail"?

Thanks,

Dan

A "Call" brand is a cocktail made with a specified, usually more expensive or higher-end, alcohol. You ask for a Hendrick's martini, rather than just a martini. These bottles are usually prominently displayed in back of the bar. "House" or "well" brands are the brands under the counter that count much less and are what you will get if you simply ask for a cocktail without a "call" brand. HTH.

We just got back from the Jewell and used the RR package-We found it to be very enjoyable. The following is what we averaged per person a day.

3-4 cups of coffee a day-which included , frapachino, lattes, cappuccinos,Americana, and teas. This was the best part of package. The last day we had to drink regular coffee-Blaaa

3 botles of water per day-for gym and bringing on shore.

2 sparkling waters (Pierre and Peligro) with diner and on our balcony

1 or 2 Fresh orange juice with breakfast in dining room or WJ-awesome-regular orange juice tasted like tang and plastic

We did not have any frozen drinks but they were available.

Is hot chocolate and mochas included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A "Call" brand is a cocktail made with a specified, usually more expensive or higher-end, alcohol. You ask for a Hendrick's martini, rather than just a martini. These bottles are usually prominently displayed in back of the bar. "House" or "well" brands are the brands under the counter that count much less and are what you will get if you simply ask for a cocktail without a "call" brand. HTH.

thanks

I will let you know as I am sailing Independence in a few days and have the premium package

I would love to know what your experience did with the premium drink package. I will be going in March. Is bottled water incl? And can you get any wine under 12$ as noted on the website ?

I know there are a million posts about this but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

Just buy the package!

These threads always crack me up. How much are you already into the cruise for? 3, 4, 5K? So what if you miss by a drink or two,(say $135 vs. $140), you may be out a whole $5!

My DW and I drink enough coffee, non-alcoholic drinks, water and coke products when we are on the ship, that I am not worried what I owe at the end since I have already paid for most beverages. I do not drink alcohol, however, my DW will have a glass of wine with dinner. (We bring the two bottles of wine aloud on board which helps off set the glass price.)

Enjoy the cruise!

We just got back from Western Caribbean cruise. Another couple and our selves all got our money's worth with the premium package. We did not over drink to get moneys worth just enjoyed ourselves each day. Was told bottled water NOT included, just a glass of water at bars. We are still debating about our next cruise in Alaska- because of the many long days at each port. :confused:

Does any one here recall whether the Cafe Promenade on Oasis and Allure serves any specialty coffees like latres and cappuccinos or are they limited to Starbuck's on those two ships which, of course, is not covered in the Replenish package.

On Oasis you could purchase specialty coffees in the Cafe Promenade, at dinner in the MDR, and at several bars...so not limited to Starbucks.

We just got back from Western Caribbean cruise. Another couple and our selves all got our money's worth with the premium package. We did not over drink to get moneys worth just enjoyed ourselves each day. Was told bottled water NOT included, just a glass of water at bars. We are still debating about our next cruise in Alaska- because of the many long days at each port. :confused:

You were told wrong if they did not allow you to get bottled water with your premium package. I would have definitely tried a different bar or went to customer service. We just sailed on the Liberty and I had the premium package. I had no trouble getting bottled water at all the bars.

We were just on Independence Jan. 12, 2014, we were able to get bottled water! hmmm weird.