Cabanas on Princess Cays

jerseygirl3

There is a thread about this somewhere that I read. It sounds as if even though you have a reservation,it is first come first serve as far as location. People that took later tenders said they had crummy locations

Hope that helps

The cabana is simply a clam-shell type device that provides shade for two full-sized lounge chairs (included). Location is first-come, first-served, and you will have to grab a beach staff member to open it for you. All of the cabanas are located on the quieter side of Princess Cays (to the right over the bridge when you leave the tender). I don't recall the cost but it was not substantial ($12?) The ones for our cruise were sold out 3 weeks in advance. I thought they were worth the $.

Les

The cabana is sort of a heavy fabric shell that has two chairs under it. They are nice but not really necessary. There will be someone at the island when you get there who will take your ticket for the cabana and then you pick out the one you want (first come first served) and he will set it up and put two chairs under it for you. I imagine if you are there late you might not get a choice location but there is plenty of room.

Esp, ordinarily I wouldn't opt for a cabana, but my husband was recently diagnosed with a disease and he needs to avoid the sun as much as possible (tough thing since we are both sun worshippers). The sun exacerbates his condition considerably.

Get there early. We arrived at Princess Cays at 10AM. Only a few cabanas left (1st come, 1st served). We found one, but had to wait 20 min in the hot sun for an attendant to cut the plastic band around the 2 chairs and set up the Cabana. Lesson learned.

All the floating mats were gone by then, too. The folks in the cabana adjacent to ours offered theirfloating mat to our son to use.

Get to Princess Cays early!!! (Actually, we vacated our cabana at 1:30 and others were vacant by then. If you want one for the afternoon, just look for the vacated ones!)

Archived