A few questions

mspeiden

Hi

American Cruiser

First time Costa Cruiser. Cruised before. A few questions.

*** Do we have to turn in our passports? Why? Can we say no we want to hold on to them our selves? I am not so sure I am comfortable with this.....

*** Cruising 3-29 to 4-5

Starting at Savona

SVN06005__en-GB.gif#SVN06005

*** Are any of these tender ports?

**** Weather in March? I am thinking 50 - 60 F. Long pants. Short sleeve top Light jacket????

Any suggestions of a airport hotel in Milan?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

Hi

American Cruiser

First time Costa Cruiser. Cruised before. A few questions.

*** Do we have to turn in our passports? Why? Can we say no we want to hold on to them our selves? I am not so sure I am comfortable with this.....

*** Cruising 3-29 to 4-5

Starting at Savona

SVN06005__en-GB.gif#SVN06005

*** Are any of these tender ports?

**** Weather in March? I am thinking 50 - 60 F. Long pants. Short sleeve top Light jacket????

Any suggestions of a airport hotel in Milan?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

Not sure about turning in passports, probably not as they seem to be all EU countries. We didn't for our Med cruise, but did for Far East and didn't find it a problem - we carry laminated copies.

Weather can be very variable but I'd also take a showerproof jacket or umbrella and pack a pair of shorts/t-shirt - you may get lucky:)

No idea about tenders but Costa will send you this info in due course.

Shouldn´t be a tender port on your list,

however it has happend before that Costa could not dock in Marseille and they sailed to Toulon instead, which was tender.

Temperature can be pretty low, as winter is late this year in Europe. I´d pack a Fleece jacket or Pullover just to be on the safe side.

It should not be neccessary to turn in your passports, however it may be that you are asked to do so if you are no European citizen.

Normally these ports are no tender ports.

I suggest you fly in a day in advance and make your way to Savona. Spend the night in the NH hotel Savona Darsena. Its right next to the port. That way you can board the ship early and start enjoying it sooner.

As for the weather, it changes a lot in march/april. You could be having sun and warm weather in Palma, but can be cold in Savona. I suggest you check a week in advance the forecasts of these port cities.

Enjoy your cruise. Dont forget to book the all inclusive:)

If you don't have an EEC passport then yes they' may want to keep your passport. If they do it will be because immigration at the various ports or some ports may want to inspect it when the ship arrives and before people are cleared to start leaving. They don't jkeep passports for any other reason and it's to save passengers having to get up early and present themselves and their documents for stamping when required.it sis possible they won't keep it as your passport will be stamped on entering the EEC in Italy and as you don't leave the EEC, the other countries may not want it. I've got an EEC passport so not. Retain what rules are for non EEC passengers.

Mairi, you mean "EU." The European Economic Community went out in the dark ages.

Then, as a US passport holder, they've always collected my passport for cruises outside of the EU (e.g. East Med cruises) but not for the Italy/France/Spain type cruises.

Not entirely. Switzerland, for example, is part of the EEC, and the Schengen zone, but not the EU. :)