Refrigerator

Island Crazed

Two members of our party of 4 have medication that is stored in the frig. It probably needs the space of an average shoe box. If we request a "real" frig, where will they put it? Space is an issue with 4 in a cabin!

If I feel that the "beverage cooler" will do, can I use this as a reason to ask them to empty it?

Two members of our party of 4 have medication that is stored in the frig. It probably needs the space of an average shoe box. If we request a "real" frig, where will they put it? Space is an issue with 4 in a cabin!

If I feel that the "beverage cooler" will do, can I use this as a reason to ask them to empty it?

The room cooler or fridge is not safe for refrigerated meds. My daughter has one refrigerated med and I keep it iced in my own cooler. I have read the refrigerator Carnival supplies for meds is like a small bar fridge.

We had meds last time on the dream and the room fridge was not cool enough

We took it to guest services and they put it in a real fridge

We went each night and gave our son his shot. It ended up being quite easy (they had us use the priority line which sped things up)

The typical cooler box on cruise ships do not have user-adjustable thermostat and is fixed, usually somewhere between 45 to 55 degree F, too high & dangerous for keeping most medicine - check with your doctor and/or pharmacist, or contact the manufacturer of the Rx's helpline. It helps if you bring a thermometer.

Nursing staff in our primary care clinic log & check the medication refrigerator's daily temperature twice, and the temperature range is from 36 to 46 degree F, depending on the med's API - guidelines do change but they're trained to adjust the thermostat to keep it as close to 37 or 38 degreesas possible, and no higher than 41 or 42 degrees (frequently door opening/closing)

Contact CCL ahead of sailing date with your special needs, and re-confirm when you check in at the pier or upon boarding.