Connie vs Silhouette vs Reflection?

starfishflipflop

These folks are in their late 20s. CRS has not set in "YET".;) Likely not be a problem for them physically either.

OTOH, If you enjoy X you will probably enjoy any of those ships. But, not many people in their late 20s sail X. No rock climbing, late night crowds, etc.

It has nothing to do with memory loss, exercise, or anything like that. It's just the inconvenience and the waste of valuable pool/nap/martini time that bothers me.

My point was just that having a cabin more mid-ship makes your shipboard life easier. . .I don't care what age you are. . .:rolleyes:

@TomBeckCruise

:) :) :)

No, I was not refering to your post - and I didn't really need a translation of it.

I was refering to scubamommy's answer to my post (see quote below) x

But I am glad to read that "people from outside of the US" lighten up your forum-life ;) :)

WOW! I wish I could read German because those pictures are FABULOUS! I am sure your review is so interesting. Thank you for sharing!

WOW! What great responses!! Thank you all so much for your suggestions! We decided to book the Silhouette. The more I read about this ship, the more I love it. :) I am excited to try X. We are fun loving and semi-young (LOL) but are not huge party animals & are pretty low key and laid back, so I don't think the older crowd will bother us much. :P

I do have a new question tho! CABIN SELECTION! Right now we are in AQ #1605 (Deck 11-Penthouse) I like the size of the balcony, but am slightly concerned about noise above? We also love to be on the side that faces the land while in port. I know this changes depending on a few different elements, but any idea which side would have better odds? We are sailing Dec 28th (Western Caribbean) I believe #1605's opposite #1610 is available on the other side of the ship, if we need to change. Thoghts? :confused:

Thanks again for all of your comments! You have been most helpful!

Edited by starfishflipflop

Regardless of the side, you should be aware of the roof on top of the staterooms in the middle section. 1605 is right on the edge of that section. It might not be covered by the roof that much but the view forward will be partially blocked by the steel supports of the roof.

However 1605 has a slightly larger balcony (because of the angle).

I changed 1604 which we booked at first to a stateroom more forward - just because the large overhanging roof really bothered me.

The staterooms in the forward or aft (Cat A2) of the middle section (Cat A1) which is set back a little don´t have that roof.

Here´s an example of what I mean. Taken on the Connie, which has the same overhang on the Aqua-Class staterooms.

We seldom heard the Loungers on the sun deck beeing moved. But never to a point that it bothered us.

IMG_5188.JPG

Edited by Miaminice

Hi,

found some pics on which you can see the balconies of the S-Class.

IMHO the forward or middle hump cabins are much nicer because they do not have the roof and the support beams.

As I said, the roof really bothered me. Whenever I wanted to take a picture off the balcony, I had the roof or a metal beam on it...

KET_5255_2014-01-19.jpg

MMP_1672_2014-01-19.jpg

Edited by Miaminice