Bermuda Excursions?

kendelq

Hello!

I am wondering if people have suggestions as to which excursions are worthwhile in Bermuda? Here are the ones my DG just "checked" off for me to research:

Grotto Bay Cave Tour (I have heard that it's better to do caves on your own?)

Coral Sea Classic Glass-Bottom Boat

Glass Bottom Kayak Safari

Exotic Swim Tour

Eureka half day reef fishing

Evening of lights - evening glass bottom boat

Harbour nights cruiseshipwreck snorkel

discover scuba

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :-0

Hi! When I went to bermuda two years ago, my family and I did the sail and swim excursion and it was AWESOME. Nick Duffy was the name of the guy who did it....gave a tour all around, showed us celebrity's houses and boats....shared lots of Bermudan history...and he was a RIOT to boot! Then we sailed to this little private beach and swam for about half an hour..the water was so perfect and the sand so pink! On the way back, we ran into a couple of guys who had run aground in their catamaran, and stopped and gave them a ride to shore! It was quite the excursion. I'm going back on the Majesty sailing 9-25 and can't wait to go see Nick again. I receommend it to anyone!

And as a side note, I wasn't all that impressed with the glass-bottom boat thing. And P.S. take extra dramamine, or whatever you take..because the looking up and down again will make you puke in a heart beat.

The boat....hmmmm..I'm not sure what kind of boat it was, but....it had a motor, and then we shut the motor down and sailed for awhile..it was kind of fast..fit maybe 20 people on it. Are you on the Majesty? The Shore Excursion people know who he is...oh, and it was I believe a 2 1/2 - 3 hour trip. FUN!!

We did a helmet dive in Bermuda and it was AWESOME!!! For those of us who wear contac lenses and are completly blind without them, this is the answer to snorkeling. We spent a little over an hour on the bottom of the ocean, wearing a 75 pound helmet (to keep you on the bottom :eek: ) that were fed with oxygen via tubes connected to an air pressure tank on the surface. We walked around and looked at all the tropical fish and we even saw a baracuda. Take your water proof camera and make sure it's strapped to your wrist or up to the surface it goes. I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion and will do it again in a heartbeat!!!

I will pursue the boat. I think it sounds better than the helmet diving. I have 2 girls and will try snorlking instead of helmet dive. Would there be opportunty to snorkle on the boat you spoke of?

PS

Just went on a thread named "what is the best thing learned from these boards" and the info blew me away. Some many snipets of info to take in. Kept cutting and pasting stuff into a word Doc.

I keep reading this stuff and I'll be a veteran cruiser before I ever go!

Hello!

I am wondering if people have suggestions as to which excursions are worthwhile in Bermuda? Here are the ones my DG just "checked" off for me to research:

Grotto Bay Cave Tour (I have heard that it's better to do caves on your own?)

Coral Sea Classic Glass-Bottom Boat

Glass Bottom Kayak Safari

Exotic Swim Tour

Eureka half day reef fishing

Evening of lights - evening glass bottom boat

Harbour nights cruiseshipwreck snorkel

discover scuba

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :-0

I would pretty much stay away from the glass-bottom boat tours unless they include a snorkel trip. Bottom Peeper out of Hamilton has one of the best glassbottom boat/snorkel trips!

I think one year we did the shipwreck snorkel and as I remember, it was pretty good.

I don't think there's much to see on any of the night tours!

I would love to try the reef fishing and discover scuba myself, but maybe another year - they sound great. We also considered the exotic swim but, there's just not enough time to do it all.

I've also heard pretty good things about the Hartley helmet dive. I wanted to do that this year also, but just can't fit it in.

We are going to Bermuda Sept 24th on Zenith and have signed up for the following for this year:

Fantasea Catamaran Cruise

Sail Bermuda

St. George's Kayak Safari - these are glassbottom kayaks

Grotto Bay Cave Adventure - also includes a swim (I think in the cave.)

In the past, we've also done parasailing (at Kings Wharf) the Restless Native Catamaran, Turtle Bay Catamaran -- all of these were fun and include a chance to swim and/or snorkel.

There is a lot to do and to pick from -- and, of course, there's always a chance that we'll pick a bummer, but so far we've been pretty lucky.

Hope some of this info is of help! Have a great trip!! :D

I had friends return last Sunday and they did the exotic swim. They said it was the highlight of the week. They also spoke of the guide and said he is really funny and informative. We're going to sign up on the ship for this one. I believe they said it was only about $25.00

Has anyone gone to Bermuda in November? We are not sure if it will be too cold or not for any of the water excursions. We leave Baltimore Nov. 6th. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

Also...what is the exotic swim excursion?

Well! We decided to just book the shipwreck snorkel and then explore on our own. It was a toss up between that and the exotic swim! We really like to explore. I think we'll get mopeds and drive a bit. I know they are dangerous sometimes but my husband will drive it well and he is used to driving on the opposite side as he is from Ireland! Happy planning!

We did a helmet dive in Bermuda and it was AWESOME!!! For those of us who wear contac lenses and are completly blind without them, this is the answer to snorkeling. We spent a little over an hour on the bottom of the ocean, wearing a 75 pound helmet (to keep you on the bottom :eek: ) that were fed with oxygen via tubes connected to an air pressure tank on the surface. We walked around and looked at all the tropical fish and we even saw a baracuda. Take your water proof camera and make sure it's strapped to your wrist or up to the surface it goes. I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion and will do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Hi 2Cruise4Ever,

Who did you book this through or was it offered on the ship? I appreciate your help!

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the Restless Native Catamaran Tour?

TIA,

Cindy

I went on Celebrity's website to book the Exotic Swim tour, and the only problem is that it leaves at 3:30, and we have early seating for dinner:( . We are thinking about booking a private charter from a company called "Barefoot Cruises" - anyone have any information?

Horizon to Bermuda 8/13/05:D

Archived