Bermuda Excursions?

kendelq

I only know of the Exoctic Swim through the ship. I'll be there next week (yippee) and try to find out of it can be booked privately.

Busy; Can you request a different seating for this one day since this would be an excursion through the cruise line?

Cindy, I was on the Restless Native Catamaran Tour a couple of weeks ago and it was excellent! It was fun, relaxing, informative, educational, and tasty (homemade chocolate chip cookies and rum swizzles aplenty!) the snorkeling was good. We saw lots of fish that day. We learned about the different fish too. We also learned a lot about the island of Bermuda. I highly recommend the tour.

Bonnie,

I am trying to Google but am not pulling anything that is not affiliated with a cruise ship. I see you were on the Grandeur, so I am almost certain this was an individual excursion. Please correct me if I am wrong. Sorry to trouble you again!

How long of an excursion was this. It sounds ideal as to what we are looking for other than everything in between Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe Bay. Paying the $1 to take us up the hill. :p

Thank you for your time! I really appreciate your help!

Cindy

I went on Celebrity's website to book the Exotic Swim tour, and the only problem is that it leaves at 3:30, and we have early seating for dinner:( . We are thinking about booking a private charter from a company called "Barefoot Cruises" - anyone have any information?

Horizon to Bermuda 8/13/05:D

I checked their website out as well...not a whole lot of info. I did email them for so more information though. I will post their response once received.

Barefoot Cruises

Great Music on their site... :p

Cindy

Cindy, The Restless Native Catamaran Tour was about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. We started at 9:15a.m. and were back to the ship almost 1:00p.m. Yes, we booked it through Royal Caribbean, but I believe it is offered through most cruiselines. I don't know if it can be booked independantly, but I suspect it can. I just don't know how. Here is the e-mail address for the fella who I believe owns Restless Native. He may have some more information for you. restless@ibl.bm

I checked their website out as well...not a whole lot of info. I did email them for so more information though. I will post their response once received.

Barefoot Cruises

Great Music on their site... :p

Cindy

BusyBusyBusy,

See Response below for Barefoot cruises:

Cynthia

All cruises are by private charter. No seagoing bus tours. The bad news is that by Nov the less expensive to charter boat that does my snorkel trips is out of water for the season. The water has cooled to the mid 70's & there is little demand. The good news is that the more luxurious boat is available at the price of the other boat. The only problem is, this boat requires crew. Crew, in the form of my wife is only available Sat or Sun.

Charter rates, 3hrs $465, 4hrs $525.

Doug

I was inquiring about our time frame (Nov.), so you may want to send them an email referring to your timeline.

Good Luck! And Have a Wonderful Cruise :)

Cindy

Cindy, The Restless Native Catamaran Tour was about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. We started at 9:15a.m. and were back to the ship almost 1:00p.m. Yes, we booked it through Royal Caribbean, but I believe it is offered through most cruiselines. I don't know if it can be booked independantly, but I suspect it can. I just don't know how. Here is the e-mail address for the fella who I believe owns Restless Native. He may have some more information for you. restless@ibl.bm

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you again on your help! I sent an email to the address your provided.

I will also check out the RC website as to the Tour. The timing is ideal as well. We will be on the Jewel of the Seas so we should be covered, but was unsure if it was independant. Either way I have sent an email.

I truly appreciate your knowledge! :) If you have any other pointers for Bermuda, I am all ears! ;)

Cindy

PS I will let you know the outcome.

we'll be in bermuda for 2 full days. our only vacation in 17 years without kids. staying at the elbow beach hotel. can someone recommend either a catamaran, speed boat (what is the exotic swim and how do i contact them without a cruise ship?),or other cool thing that we can do besides all the great sightseeing? thanks. we're going at the end of august. oh it doesn't have to include snorkeling.

Hi Bonnie,

Yes, indeed the email address you provided is correct. We are presently corresponding.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Cindy

I just got off the Crown from Bermuda. This was my 5th trip there.

I would highly recommend the Turtle Bay beach excursion (booked in advance thru NCL). We took a catamaran who had a great crew to Turtle bay and we actually got to see many sea turtles. Then we docked in shallow water. They had snorkel equipment, kayaks, noodles and there was a beautiful private beach to swim up to. We stayed for over an hour and a half just walking around and playing in the water. Then we had unlimited free rum swizzles on the trip back. It was a great experience. You could also just lounge on the catamaran and take in the beauty.

I would also highly recommend the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute where you can learn all about Bermuda's underwater explorations and many great facts. We walked from Hamilton and it took 5 minutes straight down front street. We spent over three hours there and loved it. It's all indoors and is a great thing to do in the rain (as we hit tropical storm Harvey).

Welcome to B.U.E.I.

I just got off the Crown from Bermuda. This was my 5th trip there.

I would highly recommend the Turtle Bay beach excursion (booked in advance thru NCL). We took a catamaran who had a great crew to Turtle bay and we actually got to see many sea turtles. Then we docked in shallow water.

I would also highly recommend the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute where you can learn all about Bermuda's underwater explorations and many great facts. We walked from Hamilton and it took 5 minutes straight down front street. We spent over three hours there and loved it. It's all indoors and is a great thing to do in the rain (as we hit tropical storm Harvey).

Welcome to B.U.E.I.

"When you say they docked in shallow water" How shallow are you talking about? My wife is a non-swimmer.

"When you say they docked in shallow water" How shallow are you talking about? My wife is a non-swimmer.
I think they said 6-8 feet? But they supplied foam noodles to use as flotation aids. If she is a total Non-swimmer this might not be the best excursion for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why when you mention that you are a passenger on a cruise ship, the vendors ask you to book directly through the cruiseline vs. making reservations on an individual basis?

Just wondering as we have never ran into this before...but then again have never been to Bermuda. :)

Cindy

I did Crystal Caves. I would recommend you do it on your own-- less people! Also, if you take the excursion, you only get to go to one cave. You should also do Fantasy Cave while you're there. They are both not to be missed! Bring your camera.

Does anyone know why when you mention that you are a passenger on a cruise ship, the vendors ask you to book directly through the cruiseline vs. making reservations on an individual basis?

Just wondering as we have never ran into this before...but then again have never been to Bermuda. :)

Cindy

You can book the Rising Sun II catmarran excusrions directely and not dela wiht the ship.

We took the bus from St. George. It's really easy. We went to the caves in the morning, had lunch on the ship, then went to Tobacco Bay in the afternoon.

Didn't want to go from Hamilton because we had to hit Triminghams before they closed for good-- so spent the whole morning shopping, then went to Horseshoe Bay which is a "don't miss!"

I do not recommed the Turtle Bay Cat for non swimmers as one must swim in 6 ft of water and they telly you in the Brochure you must be a swimmer. Restless Native will be fine for a non swimmer - depending on the tides can be 3-4 feet.

Archived