Cell phone coverage in Haiti Jamaica and Grand Cayman

swaco

I would imagine unlike Cozumel theseports charge roaming and data fees or it might've been St. Maarten that did not charge the extra fees

If you have AT&T, then it was St. Thomas that had no extra charges beyond what you would pay on the mainland. All the other ports are roaming. I don't even remember if Labadee had service at all.

Labadee has cellular service since it is part of Haiti. I forget the name, but since it is a foreign country, it is going to be roaming.

If you have the AT&T cruise ship package though, it will cost you $1 a minute to make and receive calls.

We never got a signal of any kind on our i-phone in Labadie, twice. Maybe it depends on your provider.

If the ship sails close to the shore of Cuba, you might get a pretty good signal. It wasn't free, but I was able to send and receive texts for 65 cents each off the coast of Cuba.

If you have AT&T, then it was St. Thomas that had no extra charges beyond what you would pay on the mainland. All the other ports are roaming. I don't even remember if Labadee had service at all.

I definitely had service on my phone in Labadee. I forgot the name of the local network, but it was a very strong signal (though it's definitely roaming for someone with a US-based phone). I have an AT&T-based iPhone.

Keep in mind that Labadee is very close to, and practically a suburb of, Cap-Haitien, the second largest city Haiti.

Edited by Zach1213

We never got a signal of any kind on our i-phone in Labadie, twice. Maybe it depends on your provider.

If the ship sails close to the shore of Cuba, you might get a pretty good signal. It wasn't free, but I was able to send and receive texts for 65 cents each off the coast of Cuba.

Interesting, I've never been able to pick up a Cuban signal. Maybe because your phone is based on the Canadian network and mine is based on the US network, perhaps resulting in my phone blocking any sort of Cuban signal? I've been very close to the Cuban coastline for several days without even a peep of a signal.

Edited by Zach1213